_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
AFV Club's T34 : Big Image Update
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 12:08 AM UTC
AFV Club have just sent us more images of their New T34/76. The new model includes FULL interior detail along with transparent Hull & Turret parts. The updated Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

ted_hayward
Visit this Community
Taipei, Taiwan / 台灣
KitMaker: 453 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
Stay tuned to Armorama for a full review and build log by Ted Hayward on this exciting new release very soon!
AFV Club continues to raise the bar for allied armor fans this year, but their next release (hush, hush) will make fans of German armor positively giddy!
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 01:10 PM UTC
Super neat!
I wonder what the MSRP is on this?

casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 07:29 PM UTC
OMG!..... Seems, that I have to buy another T-34 into my stash in near future.... (drroooling.)
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

but their next release (hush, hush) will make fans of German armor positively giddy!

What a teaser. How long do you reckon we'll have to wait before this new items details are released?

Alan
gatorbait
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Stay tuned to Armorama for a full review and build log by Ted Hayward on this exciting new release very soon!
AFV Club continues to raise the bar for allied armor fans this year, but their next release (hush, hush) will make fans of German armor positively giddy!

Hey Ted, sounds and looks great. Any thoughts on when the ex-Skybow M42 and M37 series 3/4 t trucks will be released? I have a major Jones for these two vehicles
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 07:32 AM UTC
Loves it!
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 04:12 PM UTC
I cant wait for this kit. Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait!
pouikpouik
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 08:37 PM UTC
Why don't they release a M42 Duster or at least a LVTH6 as they promised...
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Why don't they release a M42 Duster or at least a LVTH6 as they promised...

Probably because they are a small, undercapitalized, "boutique" firm, and they have to amortize the costs of current molds before they can cut new ones, even in cases where they only have to retool a few parts. Their M5A1 Stuart came over five years after their M3A3 version, for instance, and they had to sell the suspension and tracks for the SdKfz 251 as a conversion set for Tamiya's kit for a couple of years until they had enough capital to release their own full kit of the vehicle. Bigger entities, like Dragon and Trumpeter can afford more ambitious product release programs.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 12:51 AM UTC
well for such a fantastic looking kit, and the low price, im sure sales will rocket, and they will make a good profit
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 01:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Probably because they are a small, undercapitalized, "boutique" firm, and they have to amortize the costs of current molds before they can cut new ones, even in cases where they only have to retool a few parts.

I'm afraid I disagree completely with that comment. AFV Club's owners produce plastic kits as almost a 'sideline'. In fact, their principal business is producing and supplying security equipment for Police and Security Forces. Like Trumpeter - plastic kits are a tiny part of the business - they're an engineering company producing machine tools.

Two companies who, if they chose to, could possibly blow any competition out of the water
SteveReid
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 01:25 AM UTC
Whatever their market share- AFV Club continues to be one of my favorite manufacturers.

The upper and lower hulls on the AFV Club Stryker kit (my son built) fit together so flawlessly that putty was not required- NONE.!

I am really looking forward to this kit. The clear hull does nothing for me but the interior bits will help me build a wreck- so I will be having one. If you look at it as a basic, well done T-34, add a resin interior kit and an engine kit- you can see how this will be popular.

Has anyone seen the MSRP yet?
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 02:28 AM UTC
can't wait for this T-34 to be released, it looks stunning! if the fit of the parts is as good as the shots on here i think dragon's got serious competition, though with the sheer number of T-34 variants by dragon i don't think they'll worry too much, but then if AFV Club's is cheaper Dragon may have to rethink their prices or lose out, because i'm sure once this baby hits the market modellers will be flocking towards it, especially seeing as it's got a full interior, or as close to full interior it really opens up diorama options to those wanting to show it off, hey Scratchmod, wouldn't mind seeing a a battle wreck of this kit done by you. lol
alfa10
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 06:40 AM UTC
Definitely going to get one of these. Looks like a lot of fun.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:29 PM UTC
Build-Log Started by Ted Hayward:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=forums/140453&page=1

The Review will be getting published VERY shortly!
 _GOTOTOP