Hosted by Darren Baker
Ceramic Buildinig Detailing Help
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 07:54 PM UTC
It's been a very long time since I have built a diorama and I have stuck detailing buildings in ruins and I can't seem to find any articles. I have small scale furniture and used wood, styrene, and other materials for roofing, windows, and doors but I could really use more help. Could someone please give me some help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 08:33 PM UTC
Hi shopkin4, I found this post helpful. In Diorama fourms,(page 6)under Architecture. The post response by alanmac refers to this site /check it out . http://en,diorama.ru/library/

Also check out Miniart website, they have a painting and assembly guide which might be of help to you. On page 13 of the Dio Fourm you'll find a post titled building, building help. These resources were all a help to me. Good luck in your search/hope this helps, milvehfan
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 11:10 PM UTC
When I started with ceramic buildings the first thing I did was to build the building non destroyed. When I did it I just looked around and or googled the area and type of building I was creating. That way I knew I had all the necessary detailed pieces (window trim, door jams, lights, etc). Then I broke it to fit my scene.
Here are few features that may help
PrePlaster
Scratch Building
Custom Walls
Farmhouse
 _GOTOTOP