_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Plus Model Girls
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 02:10 PM UTC
Charles Reading provides a review of 'Girls', a pair of resin figures by Plus Model.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 02:33 PM UTC
Nice review Charles,
I promise not to do ugly women jokes folks! but they be so UGLY they'd make an onion cry.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 02:56 PM UTC
If not for the chests, I'd have said these would be great for a 'Allo 'Allo type scene - when the British Airmen needed to be smuggled out as women.

It's actually a pity the heads are cast attached to the bodies, as these will be more difficult to now remove and replace.

Thanks for the review Charles.
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 07:42 PM UTC
They remind me of some girl at university whose legs were so evenly thick we called her "pole".
Seriously, the head DO look like they took some Hornet "smiling heads" heads, and added some weird mushroom like texture on the top.
The fact that a respectable resin scale vehicle company like Plus Model would ruin their reputation issuing those terrible figure set is beyond me, i can only think of that French company into sailors to do worse than that.
thanks for the good laugh Charles
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 09:12 PM UTC
Whoops...

It's a VERY fair Review - all factors considered...
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally, these ‘girls’ are way too unattractive - physically, facially and sartorially - to occupy space on any diorama I would build.

Oh I don't know Charles. Picture the scene very much like the box art but a bigger area. Over to the left is the bed. On it and around the floor area are strewn uniform jackets, trousers, jackboots maybe even a couple of rifles. The title "Cross-dressing in Kharkov "

Seriously though these are really bad and one wonders why Plus Model has actually released them when it is obvious how badly sculpted they are. Looking at previous examples of figures they've released my opinion is that they are just about okay but not really comparable to figures from companies such as Alpine etc. Looking closely at the bare resin faces they don't look that bad, and lets be honest we come in all shapes and sizes in real life. For me the worst part but by know means the only fault, is the figure with the raised arm behind her head.....it is just completely anatomically incorrect, the arm coming as shown half way down the rib cage. Terrible.

Please Plus Model correct these figures or ditch them. I only hope you didn't use your own hard earned money to buy and review them Charles.

Alan
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 10:28 PM UTC
no close ups of the boob! ?
damn!

nice little review despite the subject and the faces and anatomical hilarity,
but did your mirror arrive broken? is in the poicture it seems not to have a mirror, just a handle, if your really need these women in a set, plus model should make a paper bag set, then you could put the bags over their heads, cut out little eye holes, beautiful..
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 12:40 AM UTC
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sobering stuff.
You are a brave man to venture into this review Charles...

They are quite simply horrid. Doing a little sculpting myself, I'd have to say that a change up from males in uniforms to females in whateverthehellthey'rewearingbutkindofrevealing should produce a refreshing change and good design work (or is that just me?) but gawds, they missed the mark this time... Their sewer rats are more appealing... 'Plus models' indeed
I guess some like it hot...
Brad
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 01:03 AM UTC
These are horrid! But i really hope someone makes a diorama with them, the hilarious possibilities are endless! One thing, though there is certainly some similarity between the standing figures head and a Hornet head with a similar facial expression.......
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 01:23 AM UTC
ALAN, A Dio Titled "Cross-dressing in Kharkov", What a Great Idea ! Seriously, I just drank a Twelve-Pack and they're Startin to Look good to me!!!! , milvehfan
UncaBret
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 767 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 03:15 AM UTC
Maybe it's the guys from 'Bosom Buddies'?
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ALAN, A Dio Titled "Cross-dressing in Kharkov", What a Great Idea ! milvehfan

Hi

Yes can you imagine the preamble to this scene. "After fighting a tough, hard fought battle to once again take Kharkov with their loyal SS troops Max Wunsche and Joachim Peiper decide its time for a little well earned R'n' R."

Alan
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 07:49 AM UTC
Dunno - having seen some of the 'trogs' that squaddies picked up after a night out around Woolwich (Royal Artillery Barracks in London for those non-English readers); I can see these two being attractive to someone that's been in combat for a few months and has their " goggles" on.

Next morning would be a different matter......................
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 09:36 AM UTC
ooooh,c`mon guys - play nice.These two look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down !.In my part of the world we call `em Rottweilers - coz you`d rather chew your arm off than wake them up in the morning !!.
Seriously,if i needed female figures for something i`d use Masterbox`es girls from their Europe 1945 set,they`re more like the real deal.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dunno - having seen some of the 'trogs' that squaddies picked up after a night out around Woolwich (Royal Artillery Barracks in London for those non-English readers); I can see these two being attractive to someone that's been in combat for a few months and has their " goggles" on.

Dave that hurt having been born in Woolwich military hospital (I hope the nurses didn't look like that).
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 10:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dave that hurt having been born in Woolwich military hospital (I hope the nurses didn't look like that).

I did my basic training in Woolwich. The nurses at the hospital wouldn't have anything to do with anyone with less than 3 pips on their shoulders. The locals didn't want us either so Friday and Saturday nights we were Soho bound/
jafo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 03:25 PM UTC
fat chicks try harder!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 04:01 PM UTC
Thanks Charles - that was a good chuckle! I can almost picture you sitting down to write this one...
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
KitMaker: 349 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 05:50 PM UTC
They look like Priscilla queen of the desert.............LMAO
eugeniusgenx
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 04:40 AM UTC
HAHAHAHAHA to the comments.

I think the one on the right is meant to be a drag queen. Has to be. You mean it's not? Oi-vey.
The one on the left is 12 pack material. I have chewed my arm off before, but whew.
4 years without a drink. Thank God.
However.... I see the point that the fellow from England made. A few months in combat and well, options being what they were... so hey! What the heck!

Manly woman voice " Uhhhh my name eees Druseeela and I am female member of national shotput team"
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 09:19 AM UTC
Wow... these are really ugly well... chicks? Brrrrr....
All I can say is that I feel bad somehow... Imagine that sculptor: he may really think that these girls ARE attractive... too bad for him...

OK... casting is good

Thanks Chas! You are a brave man to review this... monstrosity...

Andrzej
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 10:11 PM UTC
I hope they are releasing Cinderella to go along with this Ugly Stepsister kit.....
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
Hi
Even after 10 pints of Scrumpy ( proper Cider ) they look UGLY.
I hope they didn't get the Office Girls to pose for the models.

Shaun
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 01:43 PM UTC
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are so bad ,they couldn't give em away for free.
 _GOTOTOP