Hosted by Darren Baker
bombed out building
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 04:00 PM UTC
Hey, folks take a look at my building all scratch built please let me know what you think and tell me what I need to work on. This is another part of my big Caen dio Im making it sections so it will be easier to move and display.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 04:09 PM UTC
Here is another it did post with my other pic
panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 05:18 PM UTC
in my opinion you need do add some more debris and also dust on the street.
for now is ok but it looks like the building was bombed yesterday and today some people came and clean up the streets near the build.
the rest is just fine, nce work.
Seba
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 11:38 PM UTC
I'm with Panserseba on this. Try also to better "blend" the ruins in ste surrounding environment. Good work anyway...
Ciao
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 11:55 PM UTC
Your Building looks really great PFC

Though I second the opinions of Panzerseba and Fabio. Your ruin needs more debris and rubble and a lot of dust. As the whole building came down and it`s a little too clean at this moment. I`ll post here the link to an article I wrote on how I made my Winter dio campaign dio "DISTRACTION" in the article is described on how I did the rubble and groundworks. it might be interesting for you.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/142

I really can`t wait to see more of your dio as it promises to be spectacular and knowing your earlier work I have seen here it only can be a succes

keep us updated

KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2003 - 06:17 PM UTC
I know you are not yet finished, so my thoughts may be premature... be sure to add in some broken wooden beams and supports, along with some loose dangling wiring (electricity!). When you get the the stage of painting, be sure to add areas that have been affected by fire... quite often buildings didn't just collapse due to explosion impact, but because fire would gut the strength of the building, and the weight of the structure would later collapse the building.

Also, for damage of this scale (1/2 the building or more!), you need to add TONS of debris both inside and outside the structure. I would also suggest that you buy a few Microscope Glass Slides, and crush them up finely with a hammer or brick, and then place the shards of small glass in areas where windows may have been found.

See the article in Digital Diamonds on creating flooring structures and ceiling joists, and be sure to add some "human touches" to the interior ... signs, picture frames, chairs, tables, etc. See the interior of the CAEN '44 or BREAKOUT! scenes in the FEATURES section for some ideas.

Nice work! I love to see guys scratch-building architecture!
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:30 PM UTC
Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions.
 _GOTOTOP