_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
King tiger late in progress
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:18 AM UTC
Hello Armorama friends!
I have just started building DML's late King Tiger. The weather here have been bad and I havent started my new job yet. The kit is a good base for converting it to a March 1945 Tiger II. I have already started to make some modifications which I'll show in the pictures. I'm going to finish it in the "ambush scheme". I'm not using any after market products yet, but I'm might be getting the Cyber hobby pioneer tools since I'm to lazy to use P.E parts.haha

The modified loaders hatch

Some changes made to the rear armor plate. Convoy light built from scratch, one of the back mud guards removed, block and jack removed. I still have some work here to do. Some sanding, more building such as a jerry can holder.

I made the front mud guard reenforcement from sheet styrene.

That's it for now. I'm gonna post some pictures of the turret tomorrow or so, depending on how the work goes. Thanx to Pawel and the rest of the guys who helped me so far with answering my questions!

Hope you like it so far!

// Henrik
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 05:59 AM UTC

Nice start Henrik!. My Porsche its sleeping a nap, I hope to push forward this week end.
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 12:23 PM UTC
Hello Armora friends! Been quiet from me for a while, but I finally completed building my Tiger and started to paint it. The plan is to do an "ambush" scheme and I will paint it with a brush.

So here are some pictures of it in base paint. I first painted it black (Humbrol #33) and then gave it some light coats of HU#83. I did some pre shade just so that the yellow didnt get to monotone. I still need to figure out how to get good light in the photos.

The modified loaders hatch. I made all (I think) modifications to turn it into a March 1945 Tiger.

I made the shields from some sheet brass and wire. I'm gonna paint them to look like a field modification. Rusty and so on. The rest of the tank is gonna be pretty unworn since it would just recently have left the factory.

I also made 5 camouflage loops from wire. I didn't measure out the positions, but I think it turned out OK.

Hope you like it so far! Tomorrow I'm picking up the brush and start to paint the camouflage!
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 01:56 AM UTC
Here are some pictures from todays progress. I have just started to paint the camo. Next I will continue with adding more thin layers of paint. I know that it looks a bit flat at the moment, but that will change when I do some post shading and filters.

Please comment!
PvtMutt
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 614 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 04:49 AM UTC
All righty then. Pretty good brush work. The camo pattern looks good too.

Work on being a little neater with the glue. Keep pluggin away you're getting there.

Until next time
Tony the Mutt
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi everybody!
I've been working on this one quite bit lately since the winter holds Sweden in a tight grip.
Weathering have (so far) been done with humbrol paints and oils. Next up is a coat of matt varnish and the over to work with pigments.

Hope you like it!
slaughterman
Visit this Community
Ireland
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 07:31 AM UTC
Excellent job
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:39 AM UTC
The paint job is really nice, but your surface is marred by glue marks and various blobs of glue or putty here and there. In future models, spend a bit of extra time to keep things a bit neater and sand things down. Just some constructive criticism.
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:46 AM UTC
Thank you so much for your comments!
chicane
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 01:39 PM UTC
nice work
Removed by original poster on 03/05/10 - 01:44:44 (GMT).
minimodelman1221
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 01:45 PM UTC
Looks really nice!
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden