_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya LRDG Chev
rimwalsh
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 10:41 PM UTC
I heard that tamiya was releasing the 1/35 Chev LRDG Truch again with Breda. Is this happening, happened? I have been looking on UK sites trying to find this model, but nothing seems to be available. Abroard seems to have sold out, not that I really want to have to buy that far afield.
Have I missed the Boat?

Any information would be welcome.
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:18 PM UTC
It was released a while back, sold out and supposedly won't be released again but then I would think it a rather silly decision not to release again something that sells so well ( but who's to say what goes through the collective marketing brain of Tamiya ).

Due to us being so far behind the rest of the world in everything the local distributor here only got the ones for NZ recently so they only hit the shelves here a few weeks back so still seem to be plenty floating around here if you're really desperate for one.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:28 PM UTC
Hi

As Dean as said, despite what many of us thought was a re release of this popular kit, it was as I understand it only released as a special for a Japanese model show and was produced in a limited quantity. So limited that UK model dealers were only allocated one kit per company.

So if your model shop has got their one still...... buy it !

On the other hand the older release of this kit, without the Breda gun (which is a Italeri recent release anyway) does come up for sale on a fairly regular basis on ebay. Expect to pay in the region of £20 - £30 for it as about the current going rate.

You may be lucky and pick up one of the "specials" from maybe the Far East etc. or Tamiya may see some sense and re release the kit properly. Here's hoping

Alan

P.S. Why is this post in the "Active build logs" section?
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 08:45 AM UTC
The LRDG Chevy with the Breda 20mm is listed as a Limited Edition kit on Tamiya's website:

Like most kits in Tamiya's 89000 series, the number of kits available will always be small.
Cheers

jjumbo
rimwalsh
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 10:03 AM UTC
I think I am getting the picture. I guess I won't be getting and LRDG Chev in the near future. Oh well I'll have to finish my other kits of instead.
Cheers everyone.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 04:54 PM UTC
Yeah, was never released here. It is listed on my supplier's site as TBA, but nothing available. I have my doubts if we will ever see it here.
Algernon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 09:03 PM UTC
I'm lucky enough to have one of the new releases of the kit - the Tamiya rep said only 180 were brought into the UK and that was going to be it. Only one kit came into my LHS although I haver seen them on ebay for the RRP.
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 11:02 PM UTC
Hi guys,
maybe I have good news for you. I found the kit in stock of two of the local (czech) hobby shops. Check these site www.mpmshop.cz, www.artur-m-c.cz and try to contact them.

Regards

Jiri
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 11:49 PM UTC
Has anyone seen the eduard phot-etch set for the Chev? I have been looking for ages!
dazzer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hi

I've seen one in modelzone in Basingstoke a few months back,it's not in the usual tamiya type box but in a brownish box with a picture on the top so you might want to try them if you got one near to you. hope this is of some help

darren

also try plastic past times in POOLE (01202 746964)
rimwalsh
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 10:10 AM UTC
I have currently given up on finding a Chev in the near future. If they re-release just the normal truck in the future I'll get one then. Plenty of modeling years ahead of me I hope (Touch wood).
Frustrating thing is I used to have one as a kid. If only I hadn't got rid of all my stuff then.
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 12:05 PM UTC
The sell here for the equivalent of around $45 USD on average so they don't seem to be a fast seller, I saw them on the shelves around two-three weeks back and just went back yesterday to pick up a couple for someone in Aussie and they were still there.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone seen the eduard phot-etch set for the Chev? I have been looking for ages!

I have a spare set, PM me.
 _GOTOTOP