_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M2A1
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 12:07 PM UTC
Had this kit put up for a month or two. Just finally got around to buying the paints I needed to complete it. Obviously, the barrell is at the wrong angle. I am think of raising the wheels on a dune to adjust, but have been having some technical dificulties in doing so. Also, the rest of the crew's hands are too closed to hold the shells. I've tried a heat gun and an auger with no luck. OOPs, forgot the touchup on his boots and face. Nothing a little paint and 5 minutes won't solve. Otherwise, a little foliage and this dio is complete. My grandfather was a battery commander in the Pacific Theater. I went with North Afrika on a whim. Will insert a 'flag' made from a pin and some foil to point him out, when finished. Let me know what you guys think. And, please no "can'ts, don'ts, won'ts, nevers, or always". Those are excuses. Extra KP duty from your Drill Sgt. if you do. LOL.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 06:42 AM UTC
The crew

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC
NIce effort Matt. There are seams on the tires, and in the second pic the one tire is severely canted in. A little touch up on the tire in the first pic. Got some unpainted areas around the rim. Noticed a couple seam lines on the figures too along with some brush marks on the helmets. Could probably smooth those out with another pass of the brush. What are the small blobs/balls on the ends of the sandbags in the fist pic? Hope this helps. "Q"
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 06:24 AM UTC
accidentally trash the howitzer. Those aren't 'brush strokes', scuff marks. The seam lines I will take care of in time. Have some carving to do on the blobs. They turn into ties easily enough. Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP