_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
about merkava 3d
berserk6300
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:37 PM UTC
I am making MERKAVA 3rd ,but this resin kit may be have some mistakes~~I check pictures, it is different from your tank.

do you have any photo to support your model?

and waht is this for?thanks

Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hello li chao,
Is this the older Legends conversion, #1084, or the newer full kit, #1174? The older kit is not as accurate, but it's possible that the newer kit could be off in the area you have shown.

As for your second question, the hatch in the lower picture is part of the LIC modifications package used on some Merkava 3's. It is heavily armored overhead but the sides are fitted with a type of bullet proof glass so the commander can still take a look around without having to open the hatch.

Best,
Mike
berserk6300
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 02:43 PM UTC
thanks ,newer full kit, #1174
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 371 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 05:43 PM UTC
Hey Li Chao!, I have a request for you. I've been looking for pics of that turret and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I need pics from the turret undersides, all I could find are top and side views, (not even good front views) but I need bottom views. I'm modifying an Academy turret, here's a sample:

I haven't made the side armor, but I think there are a lot of bolts and rivets to be added to the lower parts and lots of missing details (weld seams) at the turret's rear as well but I have not enough info, so I need those pics. Best regards.

José.
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 03:40 AM UTC
That's not encouraging...
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 02:32 AM UTC
clay_cliff I have the photos you need, I have to go out for 3 hrs when I get back I'll post the photos here. I also must say I'm realy proud of you scratch work so far. keep it up. An berserk6300 the LIC turret only (an I think) it only comes in the full kit not a converson kit. That sucks. The full kit cost a lot so look around for sales, if you realy want the cool looking LIC hatch housing.
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:40 AM UTC
Thanks in advance. I haven't post my full progress at IDF in Scale, only very few pics. I've uploaded my full progress at this forum, you must be a member to see it though. The forum is in Spanish. Best regards.

José.
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hay I'm back and Clay here's a way to repost any thing from your othere forum with out haveing to pull up you photo album. Go to you forum and in you thread or (built) section click the on [edit post] of any post with a photo you want to show in a different forum. Now once your in you post and you have clicked the [edit post] put your pointer at the first part of a set of works(this is if you want the words as well) The click and hold the first mouse key, drag the big blue or black box-line till you have all the words of

Then I guess at the rest of the bolt head patterns. now my head patter is rong but if "berserk6300" can take a photo of his resin turrets under side you will have the right bolt head patterns. Now this is my under side work.

Next I have a photo of the new turret armor that you may want to build. It's a lot easyer to form.
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
I'm sorry this site will not allow the real 1:1 under turret image sorry again.
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 11:42 AM UTC

That one? Good pic.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP