Hosted by Darren Baker
Jagdsherman project finished
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:10 AM UTC
I enjoyed this one, and am quite happy with the result, even if it is only my second or third allied tank.
The markings were painted on with Stencilit masks, which allowed me to go for lo-viz markings on the side.
Thanks to Peter Bergström and Mark Deliduka for donating most of the parts of this kit. (UM chassis, Trumpeter gun barrel.)

All comments welcome.
Rob

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:14 AM UTC
this is cool man. I think this is first time I see a what if or sci-fi allied stuff!!

spit
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 07:41 PM UTC
Rob,

What the @#&%! That is an awesome looking tank hunter. Allied-a'waffen '46. LOL That is totally kickass! Very creative and so workable too. Rob, I was thinking that you may also want to share this with the 'What if' campaign participents here on Armorama?

Thanks for sharing and posting your build here. Hoping to see more of your stuff.

One up for the Allies,
-Eddy
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 08:00 PM UTC
Thanks guys !
Admittedly, I only rarely do Allied stuff, but I inherited a UM Sherman without a turret and was looking for a way to put the kit to good use. This is what came out... ;-)
I actually shared it with the "What if" guys, but they appear to have little interest in it. Perhaps they just aren't used to seeing US Army '46 stuff

Thanks for watching !
Rob
Braille
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 09:25 PM UTC
Rob,

It sometimes takes some time here before anyone replys to a posting and sometimes it happens right away. Gary kato the Campaigns Administrator left a post concerning the rules and how the campaigns work . . . my oversight in not mentioning how the 'What if' campaign is handled when posting as I am a participant there too, sorry! Anyhow if you have not done so already go ahead and enlist as the campaign is not due to finish until June 2010. This will give you plenty of time for putting together another one of your creative builds. It's always good to get more modelers involved in sharing and having a good time.

You know you did not mention the scale in your post over at the 'What if' campaign. Wait till someone discovers its not a 35th scale build . . . Hehe. (Don't worry you could post a braille scale build there).

-Eddy
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 03:07 AM UTC
Thanks Eddy,

only after I posted my tongue-in-cheek reply I discovered there was something like a "What If" campaign, apart from a "What If" subforum. I clearly mixed up both.
There something about a ribbon to be earned over there, but that's still quite fuzzy to me too.

Cheers
Rob
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 06:02 AM UTC
Fascinating and splendid build. High marks for the concept and it's execution. Gets me wondering about trying a similar concept with one of my older builds. If you didn't start this build before June 1/09 you can definitely qualify to enter it in the "What If" campaign that is currently active and eventually receive a ribbon for it. Do you have any in construction pictures? IF you need any further information about Campaigns just ask here and I'm sure many will be willing to guide you through the process.

Cheers,
tread_geek
Braille
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 06:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There something about a ribbon to be earned over there, but that's still quite fuzzy to me too.

Cheers
Rob

Rob,

Glad that you enlisted and hope that you will have fun and enjoy sharing your stuff with all of the campaign participants as well as posting on other forums here at Armorama. Welcome.

Now to clear up some of that fuzziness:
Upon completion of the campaign a ribbon will be awarded to all participents that have completed and posted their project. And somewhere on the 'What if' campaign pages mention is made about uploading at least one of your completed project photos to the campaign gallery here. That's it!

Have fun!
-Eddy
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 08:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments !

I only started building in August after a four year hiatus and this was one of the first models to come out of that... still polishing up my skills, though.

Some in-progress pix. I forgot to take pictures before I painted up the scratchbuilt sides, nose and roof. The reason why the roof is still white in the photographs is that I wasn't pleased with the initial configuration and redid it.

Cheers
Rob

Photobucket

Photobucket
 _GOTOTOP