_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
tamiya bottled primer
bulldawg380
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 04:49 PM UTC
does any body have any info on this stuff i had mixed results because there is nothing on the bottle in english saying if it is accrylic or not and i had to use a high psi to get it through the brush which caused some dry spray can anyone help
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 05:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

does any body have any info on this stuff i had mixed results because there is nothing on the bottle in english saying if it is accrylic or not and i had to use a high psi to get it through the brush which caused some dry spray can anyone help

That is definitely not acrylic but lacquer base. You have to use Tamiya Lacquer Thinner (Yellow Cap) to thin it. See if the link below can help.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=87075

There have been a lot of discussions here about shooting "bottled" primer with AB, the clogging and pre-mature drying is quite common with this stuff.

Regards
Paul
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 05:32 PM UTC
I use it, I like it, I thin with plain old everyday hardware store lacquer thinner.
The white, seems to have finer pigment than the grey.
Phil_H
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 442 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 06:21 PM UTC
It is lacquer based, but you can also thin it and wash your brushes out using plain old denatured (but not Isopropyl) alcohol This also means that when applied as a filler, you can allow it to dry and then wipe the excess off your seams using a paper towel moistened with denatured alcohol.

However, when thinned with denatured alcohol and airbrushed, it exhibits a very flat, chalky (but not dusty) finish.

_GOTOTOP