Trumpeter BTR-80 has Moved
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 11:16 AM UTC
Greetings fellow Braille Scalers.

Due to various reasons the administrators have my review of the 1/72 scale Trumpeter BTR-80 posted in the Russo-Soviet forum. You can find the review HERE.

Similarly, the build log of that originally appeared in this forum has been moved to the same forum. BTR-80 Blog

Hope to see some of you drop by for a look.

Cheers,
Jan

P.S. - Some superb builds going on in this forum lately. All those Tigers! IS this the year of the Tiger or what??
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 05:32 PM UTC
Jan

That is strange. It is a 1:72 scale build afterall!
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 - 12:59 AM UTC
Michael,

C5flies (James) the Reviews Administrator placed the original In-Box in that forum even though I specified "AFV." Once I started the build in Braille Scale several Russo-Soviet members asked to have it moved to their forum. James approached me (PMed) and asked if he could move my blog. From what I fathom, they are trying to distribute "action" (visits) to forums with lower hit counts. That's my understanding at the moment. When finished I'll post a few different pictures here in Braille scale. If people would like I can post notices here that the Blog has been updated with additional material.

Cheers,
Jan
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 06:22 PM UTC
Jan,

Great job on the kit review. I followed the build log link and found that you have been moved over to the Russo-Soviet forum. Good move. Plenty of knowledgeable folks over here. I'll keep dropping in to check on your progress. Looking good so far.

-Eddy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 01:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jan,

Great job on the kit review.

Eddy, you are far too kind. In-box reviews can help people decide if they are interested in a kit. Unfortunately, it seems that the Braille scale area/volume is less than overflowing. I am still rather new at all of this (writing and building) but I hope that I can interest both the beginner and intermediate builder to try their hand at these little gems.

Quoted Text

I followed the build log link and found that you have been moved over to the Russo-Soviet forum. Good move. Plenty of knowledgeable folks over here. I'll keep dropping in to check on your progress. Looking good so far.

Actually, one can say that the build was sort of press-ganged or hi-jacked. Those Russo-Soviet types seem to have some pull around here. As far as their knowledge is concerned, I've already got some fairly detailed drawings of the BTR-80 from some helpful people in that forum. From comparing the drawings and the kit it seems the kit is quite accurate.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to comment. It is appreciated.

Cheers,
Jan

P.S.- I commented on your Tiger I in the Lets Get Small campaign thread so that's why I haven't commented further in your Braille forum thread. The Tiger I tried to do for the 88 campaign would only be good as a target for yours.
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
Armorama: 654 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 05:21 AM UTC
Jan,
You mean your blog was kit-napped!? (Sorry for the bad humor, it was there so I had to use it)

Ah, management! Now they have us chasing threads all around the website.

Keith
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hee, hee, thanks for looking in, Keith. By putting the link to the Blog at the top of this thread it should make it fairly painless to check on my progress. This is my third eight wheeled build since returning to the hobby (did the Trumpeter Stryker and Revell Luchs). Kinda surprised me when I realized that. I also have an eight wheeled SdKfz type in the stash.

Cheers,
Jan
Removed by original poster on 03/05/10 - 20:41:36 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 02/03/10 - 19:05:49 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 02/11/10 - 18:58:04 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 03/05/10 - 20:42:54 (GMT).
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 08:44 AM UTC
Here's the link to theBTR-80 Build. There are a few new pictures and the colour modulation and weathering are all but done. Further comments can be found in the blog.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP