_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
IBG's GERMAN Truck-Kits in 1/35th
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 12:57 AM UTC
Following on from Pat's Report on IBG's plans to release two British Trucks in 1/35th scale - here are images of the German vehicles which were also announced. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

kaz6120
Visit this Community
Okinawa-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 01:55 AM UTC
Man, This kit looks really great. Can't wait for the release. Thanks a lot for the info.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 02:01 AM UTC
A very cool looking vehicle, I cannot wait to build one of these. milvehfan
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 02:27 AM UTC
YES!! This is by far the best news in a very long time. By the way, does anyone know what standart these kits are compared to Dragon or Tamiya?
Jacob
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 02:37 AM UTC
Am I the only one who have never heard of IBG
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 03:55 AM UTC
Nope, I never heard of them before. But new "manufacturers" are coming online all the time who don't really own any factories.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 04:37 AM UTC
IBG have been around for some time now.. with their line of 1/72 scale British trucks. And a couple of monthe ago they released their first 1/35 scale kit.. which was a german civilian motorcycle with sifecar.

Regarding this telephone truck.. it looks like it doesn't have any interior detail in the back. At least it looks empty. Does anyone have pics of the interior layout of this truck as reference for scratching it?

Hisham
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 07:28 AM UTC
Your right does look great...How about a place to purchase in the states.... any got some pics on the interior.... dragon make a radio figure set... might be able to work into the inteior...might be totaly different equipment....

Michael
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hisham,

There's a Wings & Wheels publication called Wireless for the Wehrmacht in detail by Alois Vesely & Frantisek Koran which has photos of the interior of similar vehicles to this (including inside the external lockers).

As for the kits - these Einheitsdiesels must be one of the most eagerly awaited German softskins in styrene! Built by Bussing NAG, Henschel, Krupp, Magirus they were used in every theatre. Definitely a must have, even if they aren't up to Dragon standards one can't be picky with this sort of subject!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As for the kits - these Einheitsdiesels must be one of the most eagerly awaited German softskins in styrene!

I really couldn't agree more. Quite often people assume that Axis builders get models of every possible vehicle and variant. Although the situation has improved (particularly with the L4500 S and the Maultier), softskins still remain more than a little problematic. Yep, I suppose many want the 'Sexy' vehicles such as the Panther, the reality for many is that the 'Trash-Haulers' can be pretty interesting as well...
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 01:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

As for the kits - these Einheitsdiesels must be one of the most eagerly awaited German softskins in styrene!

I really couldn't agree more. Quite often people assume that Axis builders get models of every possible vehicle and variant. Although the situation has improved (particularly with the L4500 S and the Maultier), softskins still remain more than a little problematic. Yep, I suppose many want the 'Sexy' vehicles such as the Panther, the reality for many is that the 'Trash-Haulers' can be pretty interesting as well...

Same here. The sexy tanks are not as sexy any longer ... as so many of them have been released. Its great to see something new and different released. Softskins, radio and engineering vehicles will always be interesting .... and something that crosses a bigger divide than WW2 German armor.

There may even be those who are tired of the "perfect OOB" kits of recent times. Maybe some will be more interested in a basic kit that will involve some basic scratchbuilding or attention? Part of me thinks this could be a fun challenge.
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 05:05 AM UTC
Ok.....Am I interested? Yes!!! Is it a variant we all have wanted? Yes!!! Are we all happy about the explosion of new subjects coming out? Yes!!! Am I answering my own questions? Apparently......Yet the big one remains.
Where in the states can we purchase IBG models from? I want...no, need.....no, have a moral obligation to obtain one of these!!! The voices in my head kepp screaming "Buy one or you will never know peace". Of course, they say that about all the kits
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 05:30 AM UTC
Who carries the line in the states? Squadron mail order... I can't wait either....they look hot!

Michael
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 05:34 AM UTC
The products are made in poland... The mail order company that carries Minart in your neck off the woods should have them....I think Plastic model is the name?

Michael
 _GOTOTOP