_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Platoon 1968
jojogy
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 695 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hello,

I had looked around to see if someone had already worked on the figures of Bravo 6* but I couldn't find anything so I decided to share my project with 8 figures of the Platoon Bravo 6* serie and 1 figure from Evolution.

All figures are nice sculpted and after some weeks work I have painted them in a basecoat. All the filters, weathering etc will follow.

Hope you like it
Gtz Joh
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 12:29 PM UTC
I do not do figures but that is some nice work there.

Reminds me of Full Metal jacket.

Sweet deal.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 12:43 PM UTC
Good start.

You should check out this diorama for some inspiration: "Patrol" by Christos Panagiotopoulos. Christos used eight Bravo-6 figures straight from the box.
DioRandy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 12:58 PM UTC
Hey, Joh
That's an awesome job on some great figures! Have you got an idea for a vignette or diorama?
If I may ask, who's paint did you use and which particular colors? They look dead on.
I just received Bravo-6's U.S. AFV Crew in the mail today and I'm quite pleased. I purchased Academy's M113A1 Vietnam yesterday. Now, I've got somethin' goin'.
Evolution recently announced a two-figure set of seated grunts that look good, also. I've been kickin' around some ideas for a diorama, but nothin' set in stone.
Randy
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 02:06 PM UTC
Very cool. I've got those same figures (including the Evolution one) built up but haven't been brave enough to get started with painting them.

What are your plans for them?

-Sherb
Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 02:50 PM UTC
They look great.

A couple of comments (please consider them constructive criticism) from personal experience.
Consider adding some loose, dangling straps. My (well worn) jungle boots had OD canvas inserts on both sides, over the ankle bones and up both sides of the boot. The small bed rolls would either be glossy rubberized ponchos, or camofloged nylon poncho liners (our abolute favorite items for comfort). M14s had woden stocks.
Looking forward to a nice jungle diorama...
jojogy
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for all the responses, great!

I will give some answers:
First thanks for the link, I saw it when I visited the Bravo 6 site, I't part of a Vietnam contest.

I have plans for a little dio, with jungleplants. I first finish the figures and in the meantime I will make a plan for the dio. So more news will follow.

I paint the figures with Vallejo Modelcolor and Lifecolor. The basecolor is Vallejo US Dark Green and all the other stuff is painted with colors from the Lifecolor OD box. It was really a problem to find the right colors, on internet you see a lot of interpretations of US uniforms in Vietnam.
The Evolution figure looks good and if they will make more Vietnamfigures I will be order them because I have a few M113, M577 and M151's in stock.

Ralph, thanks for your input, I will make the changes and put some extra colors on the shoes. The bedrolls are OD, rubbergrey or camouflagecolor? I hope you can give an answer on this and I will look around for information.

I use this site http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/index.html#SOFTHEADGEAR as a kind of reference.

Joh
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 10:48 PM UTC
Looking good. I have the same figures, and was going to do the same one day!
jojogy
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 09:23 PM UTC
Hi,

I had a problem with the paint so I decided to clean the figures and start again. So what you see on the pictures above is history, a new start will follow with some other technics to make it a bit less monotone.

Joh
Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:38 AM UTC
Sorry, I haven't been on the site for a while.
The Poncho's were rubber or rubber-like so they had a slight sheen and were a pale-OD green. Poncho liners were quilted nylon fabric. Standard camouflage green/brown/black. They were designed to be used as a blanket. They had ties on the corners where you could mate them up with a poncho to form a waterproof and warm cape. We loved the poncho liners - some guys dragged them around like Linus in the Peanuts cartoons!
 _GOTOTOP