_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya's Panzer II (Polish Campaign)
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 11:39 AM UTC
These are duplicate pictures to my new thread in the AFV section as well, but figured I could use whatever feedback this section could give me.

The last time I worked on a model was ~1998, and I was 16 years old, so it's been awhile. Lots of new kits, techniques, etc, and I've spent the last month researching this site and others for all the info I could get. I figured I would start with an OBB to get my feet wet again.

Anyway, here are some later construction pictures, as well as what is the "semi-finished" kit. Some of the oil paints I had ordered online to complete the figures still have not shown up, so the figures' aren't completely finished, but it is what it is. I also chose to paint a single overall panzer grey scheme, as I don't have an airbrush yet, and I didn't feel comfortable attempting it with either a brush or masked spray can. Maybe one day.

Without further ado...

I mounted them on a temporary piece of sanded plywood so I could take them to the monthly meeting of the local AMPS group this weekend.
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hi, Iike the model and the dio.

Regards, Alvaro
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 06:10 AM UTC
Jesse , i can see you havent lost your touch, i couldnt do what you did even if i had a airbrush so to say . Keep up the work, i hope to see more from you!
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 07:02 AM UTC
You guys need to be meaner. Come on. Let's get some feedback.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 08:12 AM UTC
Jesse there is not a lot to be negative or constructive about it is very well put together, the paint job is excellent (and as it was done by hand especially so). The figures need some work, but you have covered that. Perhaps impart some wear and tear on the rubber portion of the wheels. Perhaps re-scribe the hand detail of the tank commander. You have drilled out the MG barrel. This is very good work, perhaps when you start the diorama for it members will be able to give you more feedback.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 08:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jesse there is not a lot to be negative or constructive about it is very well put together, the paint job is excellent (and as it was done by hand especially so). The figures need some work, but you have covered that. Perhaps impart some wear and tear on the rubber portion of the wheels. Perhaps re-scribe the hand detail of the tank commander. You have drilled out the MG barrel. This is very good work, perhaps when you start the diorama for it members will be able to give you more feedback.

Fair enough. I think some better photos may help too.

By the way, credit the MG barrel to Tamiya.

Also, the first coat of paint was a Tamiya spray can. Followed by 2 oil washes, some experimenting with oil dot filters, a light drybrush, and then some chalk pastels. The pastels covered most of the oil dot filter details. Wish I would have snapped a picture in that process.
 _GOTOTOP