_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Surrey area members?
okievit
Visit this Community
Cadiz, Spain / España
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 206 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 06:16 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Are there any other MAFVA members in the Surrey area? The nearest clubs appear to be on the south coast or out west, other than the London branch.

Cheers,

Olaf
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 451 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:27 PM UTC
North Surrey Military Modellers are MAFVA-affiliated. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs, but it gets us into the MAFVA Nationals at Duxford for free, so it must work. Also, the club's chairman edits Military Modelcraft International, so (despite my own best efforts!) there's a strong ground-based bias.

We meet every third Monday, between 7:30 and 9:30pm, at the church hall on the junction of London Road (A237) and New Road in Hackbridge. (Can't remember the name of the church or the postcode - I just drive there on autopilot.) Our next meeting is next Monday, the 15th - why not pop along?
okievit
Visit this Community
Cadiz, Spain / España
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 206 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 11:42 PM UTC
Sean,

True, I'd forgotten about North Surrey. I've talked to David about attending, but after I realised that that would be a one-hour drive into London (so two total) on a Monday night, I had to accept that that wouldn't be realistic. I'd love to come, but not on a week night

Cheers,

Olaf
 _GOTOTOP