_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Inside the Armour - Matilda Interior
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I was talking with Chris from Inside the Armour and the Matilda Interior for the new Tamiya kit should be ready by around the 10th April 2010.

This will be for the Mk III/IV versions.

This has certainly been an interesting time for Allied modellers, Interiors for a range of Sherman from Reiscast and an Interior for the Mk III Churchill from Inside the Armour with the Matilda Interior to follow.

Excellent stuff indeed.

Al
Gunner-steve
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 11:17 AM UTC
Fantastic. I have the new matilda and the Firestorm Aus conversion sitting on the to-do shelf as the next bulid. The interior will certainly be on the shopping list now.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 04:28 AM UTC
Hi Stephen,

I have the Churchill Mk III interior and very neat it is too. The TM conversions are on order and I'm looking forward to developments.

Al
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 01:15 PM UTC
I'd probably spring for an interior since I have the kit, and link by link tracks, and a TMD conversion set to make it a BEF version.
Algernon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 05:28 PM UTC
The TMD BEF conversion is brilliant; the best resin i've seen and very easy to follow instructions. Would the interior go with it as already stated its for a MkIII/IV? I haven't got a clue but if it does i'll be getting one myself.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 12:59 AM UTC
Hi Leighton,

Short answer, no as the MG was different on the BEF version plus some other minor things. However, I believe Chris is working on the alternative parts needed for the BEF vehsion, so if you can hang fire then I would do so. He might drop into the post and give us an update on that, but that is my understanding at the moment.

That said many of the parts should be generic so it's maybe better to say almost but not quite!!

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 03:43 AM UTC
Hi Leighton,

Some mroe info:

The BEF set will be a mini set to allow you to alter the Mk III/IV Interior kit for a BEF vehicle. So as I thoguht many of the parts are generic but the new mini set will include a new mantle, maxim gun (and water cooling) and ammunition storage. If you want the full Monty then you'll need both, but Chris has said that the mini set should be at a very acceptable additional cost.

Hope that helps.

Al
 _GOTOTOP