_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Accurate Armour's Coyote.
PHONETIC
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 04:51 AM UTC
zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzz
what? no yes
I am awake
carry on im listening and watching
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 12:23 AM UTC
I have added a few more parts and still trying to paint the smaller items before final assembly.

The Jerricans are just placed for possible stowage.

Slowly coming together though.
Radios in, connection and junction boxes painted, .50 Cal. skate ring sorted.
[/b]

Keith.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 03:13 AM UTC
Looking sweet Keith!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 11:57 PM UTC
A little more completed. Some decals need to be applied and more items touched up before the front end can be joined to the main frame.

Keith.

Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 12:43 AM UTC
I attended our annual AMPS (Armor modeling and Preservation Society) competition yesterday but the Coyote wasn't finished. However several members wanted to see it so I placed it on the display/work in progress table.

Some stowage is now in place with much more to follow. Armored doors are in place and many very small decals (transfers) added.

I still have the weapons to finish and mount, along with Radio antennas and minor details to touch paint before weathering can begin.

It has taken a while to get this beast in striking distance of the finish line but well worth the effort.

Keith.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 01:01 AM UTC
What a neat and complex little kit there Keith!

It sure is coming along very nice too so keep up the great work.

~ Jeff
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:35 PM UTC
I am now getting down to the 'nitty gritty' details. Ammo, Jerrican and oil can retaining straps, stowage, ECM and radio antennas, power and connection cables etc.

Took the sand channels off while I stow and detail paint the beastie.

The doors and door catches will be among the last items.
fabric light and number plate covers yet to be painted and added. Some are Desert Pink and some were issed Black!

Wing mirrors and wire cutter still to be added.

It has taken a while to get to this point but hopefully I shall finish it next weekend.

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 - 11:37 PM UTC
Sand Channels on, winch rope connected and a host of 'VERY SMALL' decals in place. Covers for all of the lights and number plates (tags) fitted.

*Care should be used with the colored lights, especially the front side light/ turn indicator (combination). The plastic has a rubbery quality to it.*

The 50. Cal still to be worked on and more stowage (don't want to overdo it and spoil the detail). The wing mirrors and antennas will be last, I always knock them off.

Keith.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 06:37 AM UTC
Now that is a thing of beauty!
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 07:15 AM UTC
Keith,your build is great,and so detailed.love the paint
very very nice clean work.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 12:24 AM UTC
Thank you Roy.

A point to note for you 'Judges' at model competitions out there, for many years modern vehicle number plates (tags) and *some* warning lables are in fact GLOSS and NOT flat (as I keep hearing over and over).

To lower your score because these items are not flat is wrong.
In fact some of the body paint on the newer series of military vehicles is not *flat* by design but more of an Eggshell finish!

The 'FLAT' appearence of course is due to the conditions of the area in which the vehicle is possibly serving and if it is in use in the field!

Great care should be used when judging and a little research will help you judge accordingly!

The presumption of a complete flat/dullcoat is required on all military models is way off base (in my opinion) because it isn't what the real item has as a paint finish...

Anyway, this particular series of vehicles, Jackal 1 and 2 and Coyote comes complete with small cloth/canvas covers for its lights and number plates. Some were issued in Black, some in the Desert pink scheme as were items of the ECM and IED sensor units.

Much of this is/ was repainted as wear, tear and maintainence required by the use.
The issued paint color will then change the overall paint schemes appearence.

During my years of serving on armour it wasn't uncommon to see different colors of replacement bins, wings and other items etc. if they were issued in the field and touch painted later.
It is possible that some of the replacement canvas covers on this series, coming from stock, could be either color ending up with a missmatch on the vehicle.

Anyway, I have enjoyed sorting through this model and the small problems with the very EARLY set of instructions and look forward to finishing it soon.

Any constructive feedback and input is very welcome.

Keith.
Mustanger
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 03:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A point to note for you 'Judges' at model competitions out there, for many years modern vehicle number plates (tags) and *some* warning lables are in fact GLOSS and NOT flat (as I keep hearing over and over).

To lower your score because these items are not flat is wrong.
In fact some of the body paint on the newer series of military vehicles is not *flat* by design but more of an Eggshell finish!

The 'FLAT' appearence of course is due to the conditions of the area in which the vehicle is possibly serving and if it is in use in the field!

Great care should be used when judging and a little research will help you judge accordingly!

The presumption of a complete flat/dullcoat is required on all military models is way off base (in my opinion) because it isn't what the real item has as a paint finish...

Anyway, this particular series of vehicles, Jackal 1 and 2 and Coyote comes complete with small cloth/canvas covers for its lights and number plates. Some were issued in Black, some in the Desert pink scheme as were items of the ECM and IED sensor units.

Much of this is/ was repainted as wear, tear and maintainence required by the use.
The issued paint color will then change the overall paint schemes appearence.

During my years of serving on armour it wasn't uncommon to see different colors of replacement bins, wings and other items etc. if they were issued in the field and touch painted later.
It is possible that some of the replacement canvas covers on this series, coming from stock, could be either color ending up with a missmatch on the vehicle.

Anyway, I have enjoyed sorting through this model and the small problems with the very EARLY set of instructions and look forward to finishing it soon.

Any constructive feedback and input is very welcome.

Keith.

Brilliant build, Keith. Looking forward to seeing the vehicle with crew in a proper setting.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 11:39 PM UTC
This is from the other day (Friday) >
Worked on the Coyote yesterday and after battling poor instructions (lack of clarity of the instruction photos and missing item numbers, along with only one side being shown for location?) I got the .50 Cal elevation, traverse and sighting system assembled.

I drilled out the end of the barrel and then removed the system for painting.

[/

And Yesterday (Sunday) >
Reworked the .50 Cal details and added the wing mirrors and antennas..

Moved the stowage around (again) and replaced it with a box of bottled water and two US water cans (other side)... Hold down straps added and I will add two cans of diesel fuel along with some other items later..

Here I have placed it on an old base for a better look.

I still have a little more painting, weathering and stowage to do,drill out the two .50 Cal spare barrels, then on to the base.

Keith.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:12 AM UTC
Impressive build Keith. Looks like a quite complex model as is, and having it so open doesn´t help. Nice one.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 12:05 PM UTC
Almost done.

The wire cutter is in place on the front of the center roll bar.
The 6 tire valve stem protectors are done (fiddly little b^ggers)... a couple of communication box cables done and a can of deisel fuel added to the racks.

The spare barrel ends have been drilled out.

Some weathering completed and all that is left to do is wait for a few more pictures of the controls and dashboard detail so I can update it. The new Coyote book (full color) is out and I have ordered a copy.

The left door is workable and won't be secured until my diorama ideas are finalised and the position determined.

Both of the side step rails are moveable.

Keef.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 12:55 PM UTC
What a great subject and very fine build Keith!

I'm amazed everytime I get a chance to look at it first hand - the amount of detail is astounding and the subject has a unique appearance that's wonderfully "industrial." Your pictures are great, but they simply can't show all of the detail that's been crammed into such a small space.

I'm really looking forward to getting another good look next Wednesday at the meeting.

I know it's been a complicated and "fiddly" build, but you've done it justice!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 01:10 AM UTC
I appreciate your comments and input Mike and look forward (not) to hearing what you think on Wednesday.

Knowing your expertise level I am glad I am just an intermediate level builder (and old)...

My thanks to Accurate Armour for bringing these interesting items to the marketplace..

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I appreciate your comments and input Mike and look forward (not) to hearing what you think on Wednesday.

Knowing your expertise level I am glad I am just an intermediate level builder (and old)... Keith.

Oh, behave, Keith!

See ya Wednesday!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 03:11 AM UTC
So what did I think about it overall eh.

I hope that later instructions are clearer (pictures) and the number of missmarked and missing numbers have been corrected. Some items were not marked even though they are in the numbered parts chart?

I think the resin grills on the body could be replaced with Photo etched ones due to the resin filling some of holes (not easy to drill out).

The seat belts could have been done in brass or even sticky back paper with small brass buckles and clips. Why not, smaller parts were done within the photoetched fret?

But the kit was a really different one for me and went together well.

My apologies for taking so long to complete the beast but no point in hurrying at my age...

Now where did I stash my Jackal One?

Keith.

dvarettoni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 03:29 AM UTC
looks great keith can't wait to see it on wensday
dave
Mustanger
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 08:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So what did I think about it overall eh.

I hope that later instructions are clearer (pictures) and the number of missmarked and missing numbers have been corrected. Some items were not marked even though they are in the numbered parts chart?

I think the resin grills on the body could be replaced with Photo etched ones due to the resin filling some of holes (not easy to drill out).

The seat belts could have been done in brass or even sticky back paper with small brass buckles and clips. Why not, smaller parts were done within the photoetched fret?

But the kit was a really different one for me and went together well.

My apologies for taking so long to complete the beast but no point in hurrying at my age...

Now where did I stash my Jackal One?

Keith.

Brilliant craftsmanship. Intermediate, eh? Not in my book!
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 11:00 AM UTC
that kit was a very nicely done build,hats on the build
and thanks for all the pics,great job.
 _GOTOTOP