_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Operation Barbarossa II proposal
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 02:43 AM UTC
Operation Barbarossa II?

Hi all, if I know my history right, in about a year's time it will be 70 years ago that Operation Barbarossa, the German invasion of the Soviet Union was launched. And if I recall correctly, five years ago this was commemorated by a network wide campaign. So the question is whether there is any interest in a repeat?

Conditions would be something like this:

1) Start of the campaign: 1 January 2011, end date 21 July 2011, midnight. Perhaps a start date of 5 December 2010 (linking to Hitler's approval of the invasion plans) could be considered.

I think this time frame would also give the slow builders a chance, and allow for the interference of a phenomenon called 'life', without derailing participation.

2) Kitmaker network wide, any scale, diorama or single vehicle/ship/aircraft/invididual. The main heme might be combat related but might also be civilian, as long as the relationship with Operation Barbarossa is clear.

3) The subject depicted would have to be involved in Operation Barbarossa, on either side, before either 2 Oktober 1941 (the launch of Operation Typhoon), or 5 december 1942 (the end of the advance towards Moscow).

Also, one note: I do not see myself fit to be campaign leader. Not only do I still have to complete my first campaign, I am not even certain I will be able to participate.

Any comments?

Harm
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 06:08 AM UTC
Harm,

Sounds like a great idea to me. It seems that I have become addicted to campaigns. But being that I am pretty much a new-be I dont see myself fit to be a campaign leader.
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hello Harm,
You CAN run a campaign. My first one was when I was volunteer
to run one.
If you like I can help you in any way I can to get your first one under your belt.
Let me know,
Cheers,
Bruce
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
In the past few weeks there have been proposals for Campaigns titled;
KV-1
Mother Russia
Eastern European Steel
All of which had people that committed to join but all have seamed to fizzle out
So the question has to be with all the WWII builders out the how come no one is looking at this Campaign? Sounded like a good one to me
Just a thought
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 05:30 AM UTC
In all those campaigns question was about timetable, which was left open. So I think all those who expressed their interest, are now waiting conversation about when the campaign is about to start and finish. Well I´m waiting atleast suggestions from those, who made the proposal in first place. One thing is, that all those campaigns are so close to each other as subject, are we gonna get enough enlisted persons on every campaign. I´m afraid not. I would like to take part atleast one of those three campaigns, just give us date to start and finish.
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 11:56 PM UTC
I would be interested, even with by sub-50% campaign completion rate due to that ever present "life" intereference (and world cup matches lol)

One way I am able to at least ATTEMPT to finish multiple campaigns is to build 2-3 of the same vehicle at the same time, different markings/finishings. AT least works for me.

Drasted Furia Roja...
 _GOTOTOP