Hosted by Darren Baker
Potentially useful pictures
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 01:57 AM UTC
While doing some research on my home city I stumbled upon an online-archive with pictures of the city through the decades. This is a mid sized (20-40.000 people) city with a mix of rural and industry (mining) features in Germany. Maybe of interest to some for hints at "what was Germany like in 19xx" or "What did people look like then"

Ibbenbueren

ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 02:12 AM UTC
Looks like a lovely German city/town even the modern day pictures. Brings back lots of memories of my last visit to Germany 20 years ago. Can,t wait to return. You are blessed to live in such a place.
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 - 03:18 AM UTC
MBR, I think the site is awesome! Very good and interesting pictures. If you, or anybody else, have other sites like this one, I would love to see them.

mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 - 04:02 AM UTC
Thanks Sal, growing up there was very peaceful and safe. The region is also recommended for hiking (The Hermansweg Trail starts there) and cycling.

Bill K.: Sorry, no more pages from civilian side. There are quite a number of books on the region, some concentrating on the technical side (Mining, Tugboat operations, smeltering etc)

What I found some time ago was this link

Ankmutant_George
Visit this Community
Värmland, Sweden
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MBR, I think the site is awesome! Very good and interesting pictures. If you, or anybody else, have other sites like this one, I would love to see them.

There´s a swedish photographer called Jakob Ehrensvärd that has taken a lot photos of swedish ruins. I think they´re very inspirering and beautiful. They also offer a lot reference pics for different weathering effects.

Link: http://www.pbase.com/jakobe/decay

Enjoy!

/Jesper
 _GOTOTOP