_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-72A Done
Reiter960
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 02:57 PM UTC
My T-72A, which I started working on last December is finished as of last night. I'm trying to submit a photo feature, but can't figure out how much, if any, text is required to accompany the images and whether or not I have to add stylized text to one of the photos (I'm not very good with photoshop).

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:18 PM UTC
Turned out looking great.

As for submitting an ON DISPLAY, simply contact on of the following editors for any and all assistance via PM:
Jeremy Coyle callsign: Herchealer
Shaun Keenan callsign: keenan
Bill Cross callsign: bill_c
or use their email address displayed on their profiles.
As for adding text to the photos--- do not add anything, also send the largest size you have--- unedited.
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:32 PM UTC
Great work George !

The dust looks awesome, and I love the fact you have left the skirts off also !

Cheers

Paul
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 05:33 PM UTC
As usual, George, that is some top notch work. The weathering is very well done, and she turned out looking great!

I agree with Paul - good call on leaving the skirts off.

-YL
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 05:55 PM UTC
Very nice work George. Thanks for your help, but I have to ask if you have any build shots of the straps used for securing the fuel tanks and stowage boxes?
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 02:42 AM UTC
Good job George!

It looks great!!
bobbyh
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 433 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 08:40 AM UTC
I like it. Looks cool George. The photoshop beats up on me too. Maybe 1 more coat of clear flat on T-72. Your choice. T-72 looks good - Bobby
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 10:09 AM UTC
Nice work George, as expected. Good to see you putting stuff up again too!
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Turned out looking great.

As for submitting an ON DISPLAY, simply contact on of the following editors for any and all assistance via PM:
Jeremy Coyle callsign: Herchealer
Shaun Keenan callsign: keenan
Bill Cross callsign: bill_c
or use their email address displayed on their profiles.
As for adding text to the photos--- do not add anything, also send the largest size you have--- unedited.

Many thanks, Dave. I've just submitted better pics and a text file, so hopefully it will make to the features page soon.
And thank you for your replies, everyone. I decided to omit skirts because of messy look it would give to the finished model plus I really wanted to show off those masterclub workable tracks. I don't personally like covering finished armor kits in generous flat coat, especially Soviet/Russian AFV. They don't use same paint standards as NATO does or just don't care about visibility issues since their armor always has rather strong shine regardless whether its fresh from the factory or has been deployed in action for a while.
Sean, do you want picture of the straps on my model or the ones on real thing?
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 - 01:30 PM UTC
Nice work George. Did you use Blast models turret or miniarm? Good to see you posting on the site again.
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 - 10:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work George. Did you use Blast models turret or miniarm? Good to see you posting on the site again.

Miniarm. It's pretty much the only game in town for A/M1 turrets. Worth every penny too.
Well, no luck with feature, so here are all the other photos of the end result:

MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 09:42 AM UTC
Miniarm. It's pretty much the only game in town for A/M1 turrets. Worth every penny too.

////Miniarm - a correct choice, Blast - it is far from a reality
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:03 AM UTC
Please tell me whats wrong with the blast turret?

Call me cynical but i'm weary of believing manufacturers when they big up their own product, although your products are very good.
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Call me cynical but i'm weary of believing manufacturers when they big up their own product, although your products are very good.

You're right to be cynical (or at least cautious) .... but would you really expect any manufacturer to do anything else other than blow their own trumpet (and maybe take a dig at the competition at the same time)?

It's called advertising!

By the way George - great-looking T-72. I like it a lot.

- Steve
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 09:58 PM UTC
GEORGE. Great T-72 mate and I think your interpretation of Russian Tank Green looks bang-on from colour pics I have seen. I like everything about it flawless build / paint / weathering the lot. Well done!

MR MINIARM - "Miniarm" products for the T64 / 72 / 90 series are fabulous and the research / details cannot be faulted. Before 'crowing' about the accuracy however over "BLAST" products, you may wish to consider and reflect upon the Miniarm brand's Quality Control which is dreadful from my own experience. I have bought in the past 2 years (complete hull/turret/track) conversion sets for the T-64 / 72 & 90 at about £100.00 per project. EVERY SINGLE SET other than the tracks had missing or faulty / damaged parts. The lady at "AFV Magazine" here in the UK (from where purchased) who was then rectifying / replacing them must have been pulling her hair out! BTW as the supplier of your products, AFV Magazine staff were superb for aftersales service!

I am not starting a flame war on this topic; but rather than unsolicited naming and criticising of other rival manufacturers, you may wish to channel some of that energy into getting your own brand's Q.C. to the same standard as the research (and price!)that goes into the end product.

Gary Needham
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 01:12 AM UTC
This T72 looks awesome. The painting and weathering is what I like the most. My knowledge of Soviet tanks is not that great so I can't comment as far as acuuracies and who makes the best AM stuff. All I know is that the finished model looks fantastic.

I just might have to destroy a T72 one of these days.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Please tell me whats wrong with the blast turret?

Turret of Blast has many details but a curve and not a correct configuration....
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GEORGE. Great T-72 mate and I think your interpretation of Russian Tank Green looks bang-on from colour pics I have seen. I like everything about it flawless build / paint / weathering the lot. Well done!

MR MINIARM - "Miniarm" products for the T64 / 72 / 90 series are fabulous and the research / details cannot be faulted. Before 'crowing' about the accuracy however over "BLAST" products, you may wish to consider and reflect upon the Miniarm brand's Quality Control which is dreadful from my own experience. I have bought in the past 2 years (complete hull/turret/track) conversion sets for the T-64 / 72 & 90 at about £100.00 per project. EVERY SINGLE SET other than the tracks had missing or faulty / damaged parts. The lady at "AFV Magazine" here in the UK (from where purchased) who was then rectifying / replacing them must have been pulling her hair out! BTW as the supplier of your products, AFV Magazine staff were superb for aftersales service!

I am not starting a flame war on this topic; but rather than unsolicited naming and criticising of other rival manufacturers, you may wish to channel some of that energy into getting your own brand's Q.C. to the same standard as the research (and price!)that goes into the end product.

Gary Needham

It is the big rarity for us... I regret that to you has not carried...
And if all so was badly you could inform on it Miniarm
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 04:50 AM UTC

It is the big rarity for us... I regret that to you has not carried...
And if all so was badly you could inform on it Miniarm[/quote]

Hello Igor,

Thank you for the reply to my post.

Given I bought the items from 'AFV Magazine' shop in the UK it was to them that I should seek replacements not you directly. They also kept me waiting (for the T-64 turret set's missing parts) about 4 months. They said in numerous emails that they were awaiting replacement parts from 'Miniarm' as they had no replacement sets in store to take them from. As such, I have no idea how long I as a private customer would have been kept waiting?

I am glad and reassured to hear that my experience was a "rarity" and hope that my future purchases of your products - which I shall - don't have similar problems.

As mentioned before, your sets are fabulous and are a god-send to fans of modern Russian armour. They sell themselves on reputation for detail and accuracy. You don't need to take cheap shots at rivals Igor as you already have a quality brand and reputation for accuracy second to none in the hobby market.

Best regards and I look forward to many more purchases and happy hours with 'Miniarm' products.

Cheers Igor!

Gary
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 07:29 AM UTC

Hello Igor,

Thank you for the reply to my post.

Given I bought the items from 'AFV Magazine' shop in the UK it was to them that I should seek replacements not you directly. They also kept me waiting (for the T-64 turret set's missing parts) about 4 months. They said in numerous emails that they were awaiting replacement parts from 'Miniarm' as they had no replacement sets in store to take them from. As such, I have no idea how long I as a private customer would have been kept waiting?

I am glad and reassured to hear that my experience was a "rarity" and hope that my future purchases of your products - which I shall - don't have similar problems.

As mentioned before, your sets are fabulous and are a god-send to fans of modern Russian armour. They sell themselves on reputation for detail and accuracy. You don't need to take cheap shots at rivals Igor as you already have a quality brand and reputation for accuracy second to none in the hobby market.

Best regards and I look forward to many more purchases and happy hours with 'Miniarm' products.

Cheers Igor!

Gary
[/quote]

Thank you for your message,
For me it is very important when production has no marriages and missing parts. I have replaced the person which is responsible for the control and a complete set still one year ago and now I hope all points arrive for clients in a full order.

On turrets Т-72 I informed as modeller instead of as the manufacturer.
Though it now also sounds silly ).
rjc_rbnj
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 03:19 AM UTC
An inspiration!!! I wish I had the skill to make my models looks that good....
Rob
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 08:48 AM UTC
truly a piece of art
it give me more inspiration to start my t-72 projects asap
PatriotaModels
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hi George,

really nice work. I´m impressed how you did the weathering. It seems like the tank is a real one.
But unfortunately there are lot of mistakes you did. You have used a T-72A "DollyParton" turret better known as the T-72M1 version on a T-72 A/G/M export version basic chassis with four ribs. You´ve placed too much holdings on the left turret side. There have only to be 3 pairs of them in total. Also there are few detail problems with the turret backside itself. Please take a look at this german link for more T-72 details:
http://www.t-72.de/html/turm.html

From my point of view, until now the Blast Models T-72 A/M1conversion is by far much better than the Miniarm offering.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 02:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

////Miniarm - a correct choice, Blast - it is far from a reality

I have a question ... what about that old Finnish turret from JS models?
stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 06:09 AM UTC
Miniarm have very nice sets! By the way i too have a missing bore evacuator on my T72B barrel, quite disapointed when i saw that. Anyway i'll use a part for old Kirin or Terre Models barrel.
Igor i hopes that you really improve the quality control.
Stephane
 _GOTOTOP