_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BTR-3U
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:25 AM UTC
Thanks Olivier, slowly but surely things are coming together nicely. This model has been a really pleasure to build. Next BTR on the drawing board is the PU-12M7, should be interesting to build vehicle with no armamant, but just a big mast sticking up from the side of the vehicle.
Chris
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 05:16 PM UTC
Looking forward to this finish and to the next build. Nice to see this SP Designs stuff being built, makes it worthwhile.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 06:06 PM UTC
Thanks Jacques, IT's been fun building some of SP kits and their not as bad as I first thought they would be. Still the kits are not dragon or trumpeter, but still nice to have someone that produces your not so normal russian vehicles. My next build is going to be a dual build, I won't be doing a construction blog, but a posting when I have them finished. Their both going to be sam systems from the cold war, one straight from the box and the other a simple conversion.
Chris
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 05:42 PM UTC
Just a quick update, rear deck is almost complete now. Chipping and dusty in place with fuel stains added. The equipment and gear have been painted and tied to the engine deck. I wanted to bring to life to a drab vehicle so I painted everything in lighter and off beat colors to the rest of the BTR.
Chris

shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 08:01 PM UTC
Better lighting made a world of a difference. That stowage looks great!

Finish soon and get back to the T-62!
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 08:19 PM UTC
Thanks Sean, I'm still trying to figure out my lighting and how to use my photo editing on my computer. Don't worrt, I'm getting back to the T-62 pretty soon, I'm going to be making some changes to the model nothing too serious, just something that will be simple.
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:38 PM UTC
Hmm, the lighting can be adjusted also on your camera.
Just select the "lightsource", and the cam adjusts the colors accordingly.
My cam (Canon Powershot) has different modes:
- daylight sun, daylight clouds, artificial light (a lightbulb-symbol is shown), tube-light, tuble light H and underwater. Also an manual-mode is there. (white comparison)
Each of these styles can produce different colors, so one also can use the automatic mode for easy light-tune..
Perhaps this helps.

Nice build so far and great details!

greetings...
Soeren
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 03:02 PM UTC
Well I am about 95% complete with the build of the BTR now. I still have a couple of small things to do and final weather before the model will be complete, but for most cases, I should have it completed tomorrow or Monday. I have also started to make a simple scenic base for the model, nothing special just something to give to life to the build. The base is nothing more than poster board cut to shape with an elevated roadbed. Cellaclay was used for the groundwork with sand from my kids’ sandbox and pebble and stones from the local park. The cliff face was made with modeling clay you can shape and then bake in the oven. Overall, I am very pleased with my results so far and cannot wait to have this model finished. In addition, you can see I have progressed some in taking pictures, just a little bit reading and some experimenting.
Chris

_GOTOTOP