_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
USMC M1A1 "Got Oil?" done
Citizinsane
KitMaker: 463 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 01:17 AM UTC
Hey Folks, just got around to take some pics of my latest finished build.
It's a kitbashing project, using a Dragon M1 Panther hull, the old Dragon turret and a heck of a lot of scratch built parts.
The model represents a tank of RCT1 (I guess the platoon leader's vehicle) as used during OIF1.
For more details on the build see this thread: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/155097#1299876

enjoy!

Cheers, Max
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 01:24 AM UTC
She looks great. I love all the little stowage items around the turret. Nice job.
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 02:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

She looks great. I love all the little stowage items around the turret. Nice job.

Gino, what do mean "She" ?????

Max looks very good, now we are getting somewhere !

Cheers
Christopher
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 02:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gino, what do mean "She" ?????

Yup "she", like a boat or ship. Treat her right and she will take care of you. She may be a brute, but still needs some TLC to work for you; like most women. Know what I mean?
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 07:30 AM UTC
Yup "she", like a boat or ship. Treat her right and she will take care of you. She may be a brute, but still needs some TLC to work for you; like most women. Know what I mean?[/quote]

Gino,

one thing you arti people will never understand .... call or treat a track like a woman and it will behave like one !

Cheers
Christopher
Citizinsane
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hey, thanks...
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 - 05:27 AM UTC
Well...getting back to the tank, I gotta say that detail like that makes me fall over. I don't do so bad, but not quite up to par with all your little chips and so on. Definaterly an attaboy from me....... ....Al
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,199 posts
Armorama: 821 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 - 06:37 AM UTC
I like the tarps. Did you use tissue with dilluted glue? I am also wondering why I always see sleeping mats wrapped around the antennas. Looks Good.
Evan
Citizinsane
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 03:13 AM UTC
Alfred, thank you!
anyway, just had a look into your gallery, I really like what you're doing. it's not worse than my work and you've got some definite eye catchers over there, I like 'the foot'!

Evan, thanks as well!
as for the tarp, yupp, it's diluted white glue and tissue. I however I was given the advice to brush some MR. Surfacer or diluted tamiya putty over it, so you can first of all sand it and second it'll give a way more realistic structure to the tarp... regarding the bed rolls I think that the aerials just come in handy to secure 'em... yet on my models (esp. those like the old dragon offering, which don't include the lower antennae parts) it's a nice way to avoiding having to scratch the aerial mounts the bed rolls had to be scratch built however...

Cheers, Max
travisdc
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 02:34 PM UTC
Hey Max,

Nice job on the tank. This was my tank in OIF I.
I received a birthday note from my then-wingman with a picture of your model in it.
I'd be interested to know where you got the pictures to base the vehicle on.
It looks like most of the .jpegs have expired on your post (happens with blogs sometimes), but about the only thing I can see that you're missing is the tally of enemy that we kept on the SIPS panel (if I remember correctly it was the starboard side panel).
But overall, pretty AMAZING work.
Thanks for the memories.
Regards,
Travis.-
 _GOTOTOP