Hosted by Darren Baker
Leopard 1A5DK
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 10:33 PM UTC
To all of you who have expressed interest in DanScale’s products, steps have been taken to make ’em available.

More on this later – soon hopefully.

I would like to take the opportunity to make the question – what does it take to make the ultimate Leopard 1? I know this depends on the version build, but which spare, or extra, parts would improve the basic Leopard in your opinion? Do you agree with me that Italeri/Rewell’s version is superior to that of Tamiya?
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2010 - 04:29 AM UTC
[quote what does it take to make the ultimate Leopard 1? I know this depends on the version build, but which spare, or extra, parts would improve the basic Leopard in your opinion? Do you agree with me that Italeri/Rewell’s version is superior to that of Tamiya?[/quote]

I agree the Revell/Italeri kits are better than the Tamiya offering.

I think PE parts for the engine intake decking and screen are a necessity.

Paul
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2010 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To all of you who have expressed interest in DanScale’s products, steps have been taken to make ’em available.

I would like to take the opportunity to make the question – what does it take to make the ultimate Leopard 1? I know this depends on the version build, but which spare, or extra, parts would improve the basic Leopard in your opinion? Do you agree with me that Italeri/Rewell’s version is superior to that of Tamiya?

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks very much for your efforts and that will be great to have the parts available again.....I'll even buy another set.....and the searchlight....and the figures too!!!

For sure the Italeri/Revell Leopard is the way to go.....with PE parts including the engine grills, single link tracks, an aftermarket barrel, aftermarket tow cables, and smooth road wheels.
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kenneth
Has any more progress been made with finding a solution to re-supplying the Dan-Scale 1A5DK parts. This is my personal ultimate Leopard 1 and I would love to build it. I love your model - it is very well done!

I found it interesting what you had to say about my drawings in the Leopard 1 Trilogy. i will have to go back and look at them agin now I have your measurements. All i had to go on when i did the drawings were photographs and my Mark 1 eyeball. I hope i got the drawings at least reasonably close.

Many thanks
Michael Shackleton
Leopard 1 Trilogy author
haribeau44
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 05:12 PM UTC
Hallo, Kenneth,

I want to emphatically support Michael's question for the conversions A5DK, A5DK-1 and the dozer . I am sure they would sell [if it is a question of financial input].

Harald

_GOTOTOP