_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML Pz III N w/ Winterketten Blog
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've used silly putty before. It tends to creep into the smallest cracks and openings, and will stick if left on too long. Blue tac is much better.

Bill, great looking build. I'm amazed at the speed. I'm only halfway through the build portion of mine.

I use silly putty and agree with Russ. Before removing the silly putty I do a quick 5 minutes in the freezer.

After a chill, the silly putty almost falls off and no problems with it stuck in small spots

Rounds Complete!!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 07:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeremy you are most welcome. It was interesting to me to see them side-by-side as well especially given the fact that they represent a substantial gap of almost exactly 3 years in terms of technique evolution time for me. Winter whitewash schemes aren't ones that I tackle very often with this particular build being only the 4th one I've attempted in the 9 years I've been building armor.

Wow, I wouldn't have had any idea if you hadn't mentioned it. Your techniques must have been very good to begin with three years ago, and you are probably at the point of subtle fine tuning. You have me inspired to get my Tiger 1 out and start my own pair of winter panzers
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:38 AM UTC
Thanks Jeremy, glad to hear it's given you the "spark"! Look forward to seeing your pair when the time comes.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 - 10:17 AM UTC
Bill,

Again, I've learned something new from your build logs. Thanks for posting and sharing your informative SBS builds. I really enjoy reading through your entire build logs as there is always something interesting to see and learn from you and everyone's posting too! Looking forward to your next build log.

Again many thanks,
-Eddy
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 - 02:54 PM UTC
Thanks Eddy, it's my pleasure and appreciate the comments as always.
 _GOTOTOP