_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Blood Related Question
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 07:13 PM UTC
Now, before you get all upset over the topic, read first.

How would I go about making blood splattered on a wall. Like a soldier took a bullet and it went through him, and sprayed blood on the wall. I want it to look like it hit the wall and then ran down.

~Chip

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 07:40 PM UTC
If it was me then I painted some drops with a 3/0 or 5/0 brush and used very thinned paint to do the streaks.

Remember, is your blood hits the wall it does not look red! more black with a red hue.

This can be don by painting the base with a very very dark red brown color (almost black) and then by using Tamiya's clear red (maybe mixed with some Tamiya smoke)

I hope you can pull it off, in most cases, blood is overdone and looks tacky instead of good (my 2 cents)
Golikell
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 09:18 PM UTC
hi,
This makes me thing about my primary school times.Whe used Ecoline (is that good English?) in combination with a toothbrush and a flat sieve. This created great splatter patterns. Thinned down paint could be used for this. Worth a try?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:24 AM UTC
Ronny's got good points, I agree. Golikell has the first idea I thought of.
A second one would be to turn your wall 90degree (parallel to the floor) then take a drop of thinned paint and drip it through a very fine mesh. The mesh will cause the drop to break apart into smaller droplets that will hit the was in an a wider pattern.
Play with it first because once the drop goes gravity and physics take over and you don't have control.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:32 PM UTC
Best way I know to "splatter in scale" is actually quite simple... load a STIFF bristle brush withyou choice of Dark Brown (dried blood) or a mix of 3 drops CRIMSON and 1 drop of Dark Umber... Shake any "loose" liquid from the bristles... it should be just barely wet... slighlty more than you would use for drybrushing....

-Stand the wall upright...
-Hold the brush in your hand, bristles up
-Move the head of the bristles about 3 inches away from the wall
-Use your thumb to pull the stiff bristles AWAY from the wall then let go....
-A fine "mist of "blood" will appear on the wall in a tight and fine circle... repeat to achieve the desired affect!
- use a LINER brush to "pull down" some blood drops if you want streaks...

But quite honestly... I don't use much blood... it often looks to "fake".
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:13 PM UTC
Thanks!

I had planned on making a German sniper, in a belltower, and a British soldier that ate an 8mm.

Thanks again guys!

~Chip :-)
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 04:27 AM UTC
Sounds like a nice little dio. your going to do...

You might want to try messing around with a sponge. Cut it to various shapes and dap the sponge in the paint, then onto your wall. You would have to do the leaky blood with a brush though...

HTH
Mike
 _GOTOTOP