_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Masterbox: 8th Army Vs. D.A.K.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 03:31 AM UTC
A little bit of a surprise coming here in this New WiP from Masterbox Ltd. Previously, we''ve seen some highly-animated figures from the company, I doubt we''ve ever been able to present figures of such a level of animation...

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 04:56 AM UTC
That is brilliant!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 05:01 AM UTC
WOW ! I think the word "animated" is quite the understatement ! I've never seen such action poses from an injection kit. It will probably be my next figure kit ! Thank you Master Box !
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 05:02 AM UTC
Excellent, fighting Brits, lol, lol. terrific.

Al
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 06:20 AM UTC
All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

Jeff
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 06:27 AM UTC
This is brilliant indeed. Simply lost for words.. It's a vignettte in a box (to which they pretty much own a patent it seems )

I do take it the Brits and Germans will have some kit with them off course

Other than that: WOW
afv_rob
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 07:31 AM UTC
They're insane, we had miniarts break dancing panzer crew, now we have these guys-ninja desert rats. They look pretty good, but I think the foot of the laying German needs to be pressed more into the stomach of the British soldier, and presumably one would need to display these in some sort of trench setting-the desert rat leaping in the air would have to be pretty physically fit to jump in full kit and kick the German in the chest.

Top marks to masterbox for creativity!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 07:33 AM UTC
It looks like they hired Twyla Tharp to pose the models, LOL!

They certainly are the most-interesting figure company right now.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 07:49 AM UTC
their fantastic,you can see the dioramas forming as you look at them.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
Great stuff. The british webbing looks a bit off at the rear more like 44 pattern webbing than the proper 37 pattern webbing
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 04:34 PM UTC
WAa-Hoo! this is great plastic! Thankyou,thankyou, thankyou!!!!
Rick
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 05:34 AM UTC
I really like the animated poses of the individual figures, but doubt I´d pose them as shown in the image above. Thats just a bit too animated for my taste. Jumping down from a tank or over obstacles the Brits would look great. The Germans appear to lend themselves well to getting hit with small arms fire. It will be very interesting to see the other sets and see the combined scene.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 03:33 AM UTC
I agree with Frank. The figures are nicely done but a bit over the top with the intended poses. Imagine a guy running in a charge across the dessert and still having the energy to jump nearly six feet in the air to assault an enemy soldier. I don't think any amount of adrenalin can accomplish that. The figures could be well used in other poses though. ................Al
Orangebarrelman
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 04:09 AM UTC
A question, in most tv documentaries about El Alemein there is the portion that covers the retraining of the Eighth Army after Montgomery takes over. Now usually in the footage are Tommies training in hand to hand combat and these look an awful lot like that footage - except there are Germans here. Is that where they got the ideas for the poses of these figures?

I also wonder if the rifles will have the ability to add a bayonet, hard to picture getting this close without one!
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 05:14 AM UTC
Matt....they may indeed have such films of the training, but imagine running a couple of hundred yards across dessert sand and heat and still being able to fight with the agility of a professional wrestler . Maybe these guys could be modeled in some sort of training scenario, with observers sitting around watching. That would be more like it..........Al
Fireflymodels
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 05:42 AM UTC
Rather than jumping 'up', they look to me like they are jumping 'down' - perhaps in to a trench or wadi.

They look good, lots of possibilities, but certainly in need of some conversion to get the exactly right.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but imagine running a couple of hundred yards across dessert sand and heat and still being able to fight with the agility of a professional wrestler .

Quoted Text

Imagine a guy running in a charge across the dessert and still having the energy to jump nearly six feet in the air to assault an enemy soldier.

You guys watch way too much TV To my eyes they are obviously jumping into a German trench or sangar.

While the soldiers of the Eighth Army may not have had the "agility of a professional wrestler" or been able to jump six feet in the air, they did run a couple of hundred yards or more across the desert sand and heat and engage in close quarter fighting with the Afrika Korps and I'd imagine if the guys from the Guinness book of records had been observing they would have seen world records broken in terms of agility or heights jumped You do what you have to do despite what your body or brain is telling you when push comes to shove

They should lose the German with the grenade, maybe put a guy struggling to fit a magazine on an MP40 or trying to get a pistol out of a holster.

I like them but I am dissapointed with the 8th army webbing and hope they correct it before the set goes into production.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 04:13 PM UTC
OK....OK....Who knows? Maybe they are jumping into a ditch. As for too much TV, welllllll, not much good to watch these days, but saw a great Nick Nolti film called A Farewell to the King. I will probably get these figgies and jump them into a ditch ........Al
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 05:03 PM UTC
I agree about the DAK soldier with the grenade, seems a little out of place for the "scene". Regardless of the minor quirks, I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this set, and am looking forward seeing what the other sets are going to consist of with equal enthusiasm.
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 11:23 PM UTC
The action poses are top notch , however may have been better suited to commando's or rangers training with an instructor standing by hands on hips very very welcome all the same
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 11:04 PM UTC
I don't know why people don't find these poses suitable for the 8th Army- it wasn't all swatting flys and drinking tea they did actually do some fighting

If anyone from MasterBox is rewading this here is an excellent on line resource to 1937 pattern British Webbing- pay particular attention to the buckles on the web belt.
karkeeweb
joryyys
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 02:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree with Frank. The figures are nicely done but a bit over the top with the intended poses. Imagine a guy running in a charge across the dessert and still having the energy to jump nearly six feet in the air to assault an enemy soldier.

That doesn't seem like 6 feet. More like 3-4 ft.
BTW, maybe Nate Robinson served in Africa?
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 - 05:50 AM UTC
Well , Joris....the guys feet are maybe three or four feet off ,but the majority of the body is at or above shoulder height of the other guy. I sometimes think that i enjoy all this back and fourth with silly opinions as much as i do seeing all the great work that gets posted. It's kind of fun so long as nobody gets frazzled.... ... .........Al
Gunner-steve
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:57 PM UTC

you could have a lot of fun posing those figures in a diorama. Need fixed bayonets though...
 _GOTOTOP