_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IDF1/35 Tiran5
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hello everybody
I like Tiran5, the model I used a cheap T55 TRUMPETER transform, hope you like it. Your comments have made it, I will improve it.
Blackwater

05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 08:23 AM UTC
Looking good Blackwater! I have this in my stash also, so I am keen to follow your progress. Did thes see any/much action in the Yom Kippur War? What area?
Cheers!
Rick
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 371 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 09:22 AM UTC
It looks soo nice so far... I want to do a Tiran 5 as well, so I'mm keeping an eye on this project. Best regards.

José.
Shanelangston
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 12:59 PM UTC
Great start ! I built my Tiran 5 from a Trumpeter kit too. Takes a bit of work, but looks good.

One piece of advice. Do not use the vinyl loop tracks if you can help it. They really don't do justice to that vehicle. If you can do it I highly recommend getting some aftermarket tracks.
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good Blackwater! I have this in my stash also, so I am keen to follow your progress. Did thes see any/much action in the Yom Kippur War? What area?
Cheers!
Rick

Hello Rick
Thank you for your reply, I will almost possible to reduce errors. Efforts to complete it.
I will soon have a new picture.
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It looks soo nice so far... I want to do a Tiran 5 as well, so I'mm keeping an eye on this project. Best regards.

José.

Hello José.
Thank you for the same regards.
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 01:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great start ! I built my Tiran 5 from a Trumpeter kit too. Takes a bit of work, but looks good.

One piece of advice. Do not use the vinyl loop tracks if you can help it. They really don't do justice to that vehicle. If you can do it I highly recommend getting some aftermarket tracks.

Hello Shane
I now regret it, why not TAMIYA the T55 for production, that would be more accurate and simple. But I will try to finish it.
And thank you for your advice.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
Very nice work! I also used the Trump kit to do a Tiran, but didn't get quite the same results you're achieving.
lone-ronin
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 06:22 PM UTC
Very impressive build! Much better than my Trumpeter Tiran attempt. The one thing that I see is that you may want to check some reference sources...I think the coaxial machine gun (beside the main gun) is sticking out too far. If I remember correctly, the muzzle should just barely stick out.
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 01:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice work! I also used the Trump kit to do a Tiran, but didn't get quite the same results you're achieving.

Hello Russel
I'm glad you like it. Thank you.
Blackwater
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very impressive build! Much better than my Trumpeter Tiran attempt. The one thing that I see is that you may want to check some reference sources...I think the coaxial machine gun (beside the main gun) is sticking out too far. If I remember correctly, the muzzle should just barely stick out.

Hello lone-ronin
Thanks for your advice, I'll go fix it.
Bless you
Blackwater
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 04:41 AM UTC
All the installation work has been completed, the next will be my favorite color, and will be very exciting, bless me friends.

I'm sorry, my English is not good, not good and we communicate. But I love it here.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 05:38 AM UTC
Nice clean build with lots of detail, well done so far!

cheers
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 07:18 AM UTC
Excellent job! Thre are those who would tell you that nothing can be done with the Trumpeter kit. (one less than before anyway) Don't liste to them. Your build looks great.
One question:
Did you do anything to correct the lower rear hull or leave it as is? With the stowage basket that area is not nearly as noticeable.
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 02:10 AM UTC
Great looking model. I like seeing kits like this that are scratchbuilt instead of just gluing on aftermarket bits.

On a related note, does anyone know if the IDF actually used this tank in combat? I thought I read somewhere that they were just placed in war reserve stocks and then eventually scrapped or given to Lebanon.

John
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 03:56 AM UTC
Hi
They were used in the Yom Kippur war in 1973 on the Sinai front, not neccessarily with all the added turret stowage boxes. Will dig out some photos if interested.
Also saw news real footage of the 1982 Lebanon war where a column of tirans were parked on the side of a road, not sure if the unit involved actually saw any fighting but they were across the border. I didnt have a vcr at the time but took photos off the tv again will see if i can find the photos if interested.
The ones given to the Christian Lebanese militias retained the original 100mm gun not the 105mm.

Good looking build by the way , maybe the hull could be lowered to correct the Trumpeter kit but it certainly looks like a tiran and thats what counts in my book.

Peter
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 06:52 AM UTC
Hi
Heres a few from 73 without the turret boxes.

Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 02:46 AM UTC
WoW I just love all that detail. Mabe I should try one, one day. You and clay cliff use all that over the top detail and that's my thing as well.
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice clean build with lots of detail, well done so far!

cheers

Thank you for your compliment。
cheers
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 03:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent job! Thre are those who would tell you that nothing can be done with the Trumpeter kit. (one less than before anyway) Don't liste to them. Your build looks great.
One question:
Did you do anything to correct the lower rear hull or leave it as is? With the stowage basket that area is not nearly as noticeable.

Hello Robert
'm Glad you like it, because the Trumpeter kit there are a lot of errors, led to the final effect is not very good.
TAMIYA the T55, it is the right choice.
Thank you for your reply
Blackwater
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great looking model. I like seeing kits like this that are scratchbuilt instead of just gluing on aftermarket bits.

On a related note, does anyone know if the IDF actually used this tank in combat? I thought I read somewhere that they were just placed in war reserve stocks and then eventually scrapped or given to Lebanon.

John

Hello John
Nice to meet you, thank you for your reply.
Blackwater
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
They were used in the Yom Kippur war in 1973 on the Sinai front, not neccessarily with all the added turret stowage boxes. Will dig out some photos if interested.
Also saw news real footage of the 1982 Lebanon war where a column of tirans were parked on the side of a road, not sure if the unit involved actually saw any fighting but they were across the border. I didnt have a vcr at the time but took photos off the tv again will see if i can find the photos if interested.
The ones given to the Christian Lebanese militias retained the original 100mm gun not the 105mm.

Good looking build by the way , maybe the hull could be lowered to correct the Trumpeter kit but it certainly looks like a tiran and thats what counts in my book.

Peter

Hello Peter
You have given me very valuable information, I like them. I think Tiran5 only blue was cool storage installed.
Also, thank you for your comments. Indeed, the height of the body is not acceptable.
It's nice to meet you.
Blackwater
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WoW I just love all that detail. Mabe I should try one, one day. You and clay cliff use all that over the top detail and that's my thing as well.

Thank you for your reply, I need your help and advice.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:29 AM UTC
This is truly a great great work
I have this trumpy kit somewhere taking the dust.
Well Now I can motivate myself.

Good luck
Cheers
Seb
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 05:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you for your reply, I need your help and advice.

Any help you need just ask away.
 _GOTOTOP