_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Latest W.i.P. From Masterbox Ltd.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 06:31 AM UTC
Masterbox Ltd. have just sent us images of yet another different approach by the company. Once again, it''s in-progress so no dates can be provided at this time. Photos of the New Set can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Pathe1939
Visit this Community
Poland
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 07:43 AM UTC
I am very disappointed to see, that MasterBox took so little effort in a background check for Polish Army... This is not some hidden secret knowlegde to know how did the uniform of an uhlan look like. It is so easy to show another model (after Dragon) of Polish defeat in 1939, not knowing the history if this campaign.

The main mistakes that can be seen in the pictures are:

1. A lack of rein in the horses bridle...

2. Uhlans picked hat - this is a hat that was used only for parades and every day garrison service. Since 1934 a field peaked hat was used, that was much lower and had no unit colours. In 1938 polish cavalry started using the french 1915 Adrian helmets and used them in September 1939... A HUGE MISTAKE!

3. Horses sadle - what is that? The shape and equipment packing is a sience fiction. Did anyone even see a real one? At least online?

4. Where is the rifle of the Uhlan? Nice to see he is using a saber only...

5. Where is the 1924 RSC gas mask?

6. Where is the uhlans haversack?

7. What saber is this? It looks like the officer 1921 saber, not the solider 1934 saber. What would a solider uhlan do with an officer's saber?

8. Where is the bayonet, which sould be on the left side?

Just a little effort would change a lot... But we get someting that seems to be a parade 1933 uhlan lacking a gun on a "sience fiction" saddle agains Germans War machine... God save us...
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 08:34 AM UTC
Nice enough looking set. As far as the mistakes, it is a work in progress and maybe they'll see your comments and correct them. As far as reins, I don't know of a kit that comes with them; we scratch build them. But the other ones can be corrected by us builders except maybe the saddle. Still, a usefull set that can go places.
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 393 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 09:08 AM UTC
Stirrups could be scratchbuilt, too.
KOMIX6
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 05:59 AM UTC
I don't like master box any moore,ukrainian provocation.
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / España
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 06:41 AM UTC
Oh dear, firstly I would like to second the opinion that it is only posted as work in progress so maybe due attention will be paid to any omissions or errors. As for the subject matter I can only see a vignette that reflects so many others as victors & vanquished without any provocation intended. I have their set MB3517 German captives 1944 & the figures don´t all need to be used together. I applaud constructive criticism from our Polish friends because German ,British, Russian & American subjects are widely studied, with accurate details are published ,where as others aren´t. In WWII EVERYBODY got screwed,the same as any other war.
Francois_Gousse
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 08:52 AM UTC
Bonjour,

I hope they remove the Y-straps from the German soldiers as I don't remember seeing any on photos of the Polish campaign.

Regards from Canada,
François
Pathe1939
Visit this Community
Poland
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2010 - 10:38 AM UTC
If Masterbox needs help I can provide. I can show you the saddles, the way to pack equipment and a proper uniform! I am a reenactor of polish cavalry...

Polish Y-string are completly different that German ones. I can't see how they look in the pictures.
Bronze4
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 12:31 AM UTC
Not being of the American Civil War, I could not comment on any of the accoutrements. I could go on for days about mid nineteenth century American Military saddles and tack but this is out of my realm.

I can say with undue bias, being a horseman myself, it is good to FINALLY see a horse’s head in 1/35 scale look like the head of an equine.

After so many sorry offerings from other companies that look as if they were sculpted by a kindergartener… or me (Hey I said I was a horseman, not Michael Angelo) I would gladly get this set just for the horse.

Dave Shaw
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh dear, firstly I would like to second the opinion that it is only posted as work in progress so maybe due attention will be paid to any omissions or errors. As for the subject matter I can only see a vignette that reflects so many others as victors & vanquished without any provocation intended.

Thanks Mike - common sense (as usual) from you...

Repeatedly, when photos of WiPs have been published, the company HAS made the necessary corrections. They see publication of these photos as a VERY necessary part of the process and, as such welcome constructive criticism...
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 10:29 AM UTC
Another great idea for a set of figures from Masterbox. A very little covered part of the war ( in plastic ) . I hope they have a few other sets in the works to compliment this one
Pathe1939
Visit this Community
Poland
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 11:19 AM UTC
jimbrae, I would love to see the changes in this kit, but I have my doubts that there will be any. As I wrote if any help in finding the right data about polish uniforms and ewuipment in 1939 I would be happy to help... No one will say I didn't warn that this kit is mainly made of mistakes.
DAK66
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 286 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 11:31 AM UTC
Gentlemen this is probably a mock up and not the full built kit.
As far as inaccuracies in the Polish uniform , well i can see someone taking issue with that.
I like the set and think it would make a nice vignette .
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 07:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

jimbrae, I would love to see the changes in this kit, but I have my doubts that there will be any. As I wrote if any help in finding the right data about polish uniforms and ewuipment in 1939 I would be happy to help... No one will say I didn't warn that this kit is mainly made of mistakes.

If you place the relevent information in this thread Pawel I am sure it will be seen by the required people, it is after all part of the reason why they send out work in progress shots.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 09:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Pawel ... (and the other Polish guys who posted). If you have correct information and reference images, please include them in this thread .... or forward them to Jim who will in turn forward them to MiniArt. It appears you have a window of opportunity here to correct what looks like a very promising set.
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 09:51 PM UTC
Neither uhlan nor germans have water canteens. Germans don't have gasmasks either. For me personaly MP38 is not a big miastake, there were some in comapienies/platoons but it was still rather a rarity than typical weapon.
Pathe1939
Visit this Community
Poland
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
Polish canteen should be on the right side of the saddle. If the uhlan was just after a fight on foot he would have the canteen in his hoversack.

Another thing. in the saddle we can see the mark of the saber's sheath. The leather there was much wider, so it could not be marked like that. I know, because I sat in one
Master_Box_LTD
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 09:30 PM UTC
Dear Pawel,

thank you for your critical remarks concerning our kit.

I sent you message and I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Alexander Surzhenko,
Director
Master Box Ltd.
Master_Box_LTD
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Piotr,

Of course, the plot of our kit can cause debates and can be seen fron different sides.

As you saw, the Polish Uhlan who is wounded very much tries to stand up and despite the wounds he tries to meet the enemy standing on his legs.

So we tried to create a symbol of Poland that was defeated but nevertheless it went on the fight and did not give up after having come through a lot of trials. Poland managed to create European independent state.

Best Regards,
Alexander Surzhenko,
Director
Master Box Ltd.

Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:45 PM UTC
It's great to see a positive response from The Company for our "postulates". I'm waiting for the final result.

Alexander, please don't forget about German soldiers, they need some changes too.
JasonD
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 01:31 AM UTC
As a figure modeller (but not one sho's main interest is WW11) I have to say that a huge amount of credit must go to Masterbox for way in which they are willing to "talk" to the modelling community. How many other big producers publish early photos of their products with the express purpose of getting feed back from us? How many are willing to actually act on that advice?

It is extremely refreshing and something that many other companies would be advised to take heed off (though I get the feeling many wouldnt listen anyway).

In the hope that this post is read, please masterbox release that Russian Napoleonic Hussar you showed us last year!!!!!!!!!! If you issue it in 1/32 54mm I will buy as of them as my wife will allow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOMIX6
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Piotr,

Of course, the plot of our kit can cause debates and can be seen fron different sides.

As you saw, the Polish Uhlan who is wounded very much tries to stand up and despite the wounds he tries to meet the enemy standing on his legs.

So we tried to create a symbol of Poland that was defeated but nevertheless it went on the fight and did not give up after having come through a lot of trials. Poland managed to create European independent state.

Best Regards,
Alexander Surzhenko,
Director
Master Box Ltd.

I propose to start maiking your's national heroes,maybe SS Galizien or maybe fall on Malmedy?
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / España
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:44 AM UTC
You could always scratch-build figures or modify some to suit your personal tastes Piotr, I look forward to seeing WIP photos.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
Piotr it is a little disappointing that someone who has been a member here for 18 only months makes 2 posts in all that time, both of which are to insult a manufacturer who has taken the time to ask for input.
KOMIX6
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 09:09 AM UTC
Maybe Your's all have right.The figures don't must be use togheter,and this is nice.The Uhlan looks like reading letter to.i understand the modelers don't want buy the kit's about Polish trops ,more of them want's some like this.But in My opinion, if You realy want dishonour some soldiers on Your diorama do it Yourself use scrath building.If I'm been seen this kit don't mix which Germans together, I'm certainly buy some one.
Option with Prisoner of War is second about sept.39 after Deutche Models Limited.

Best Regards
 _GOTOTOP