Hosted by Darren Baker
Vintige furniture. Let us know what your want
Occam
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 09:01 PM UTC
Your furniture looks really good, and I think it is much needed.

Have you considered doing the furniture in 1:48 or 1:45 scale? 1:48 scale military models seems to be a growing market, and if you scale the models right, the furniture could also be used for O scale model railroads, which is growing extremely fast at the moment in Europe.
ozzbik
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 09:21 PM UTC
Very nice!!! Keep up the good work!
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 12:20 AM UTC
Did they have ice chests in Europe? I know we had them here in Aus. Early fridges. Had the ice man come around and deliver a block of ice to put in the top.

Just a couple of examples we had here in Australia. Don't think they would be much different elsewhere.

Cheers, John

Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi,

sorry I dont post pics but this is self explanatory.

book cases. real simple ones. 6 foot high by 3 foot wide with a shelf every foot on the ay up - maybe a simple ornate finial or something up top - but the more basic the better (can be used more ways if simple).

Also some shelf kits. Seriously a length of shelf with a nice rounded edge - with the two wedges that hold it up on the wall - could be sold as a kit of 3 shelves - two wide ones and two short ones. once again simple designs could be used everywhere.

mangle washing machine ? how bout that for something out there..

a coat rack or halllstand with some walking sticks, brollies and coats to hang on it would be great too.

tall corner lamp and shade.

ceiling fan rattan style, or punkawalla design

Shop fittings. - some kind of display cabinet thats timber framed but with a glass front insert - like at a butchers or bakers.

Im not really into antique or old style stuff - but if its was designed right it could be multi era ( a good bookcase never goes out of style)

Adamskii

MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 10:26 AM UTC
Thanks’ for the nice comments you all, really appreciated!!!

@Occam, we have decided (mainly thanks to our new Italian dealer M48 ) to do 1/48 scale products. So stay tuned! Thanks your comment helped us to proceed with this scale as well

@John, nice..! wasn’t aware of ice boxes. I know we had ice basements. Do you own the first ice box ? if so could you please send me some detail photo’s and measurement to my personal email. ( [email protected]) your effort will be rewarded if interested in our products?

@Adam, like the washing mangle have to look them up. The coat rack is on its way, just need to decide how fare were going. Got a kit ready for molding. Kit content as it is now, stair ways and ice basement/storage room. Coat rack with clothes. And inner wall with ceiling and tiled floor. Not shore yet if this will sell as hole. What is your thoughts about this?

Regarding book cases. Made different types of it and for some reason, I can’t explain, the all look alike. I will pick it up again

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming, can’t have enough!!!!

Cheers,
Marco

jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 05:52 PM UTC
Hi Marco,

Unfortunately I don't own one even through my wife has been hinting at buying one for years. The ice chests come in all shapes and sizes depending on how wealthy the owners were. The average dimensions for the style in the photos are:

Height – 102cm

Width – 55cm

Depth – 38cm

HTH, John
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 08:15 AM UTC
Hi mate,
How about some furniture to go inside a church?
Some pews/benches should be easy enough to make, followed maybe with a pulpit, lecturn, altar and font. If you were really keen you could try a pipe organ. Think of "The Eagle has Landed" starring Michael Caine with the German paras sent to kidnap Churchill
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hi John, thanks for the dimensions. Have done some web surfing about Ice chests and looked like it wasn't so popular in our small wet country. Or at least I could find only one in a museum. But I'm still liking it and we will currently make one. Perhaps it’s a nice gift for your wive.

Hi Remearmr,
Like the pipe organ. Going to look it right up, have seen some blueprint somewhere

Thanks!!!!
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 09:15 AM UTC
How about doing a damaged sofa/bed with springs exposed etc. As most building kits are battle damaged it would make sense i suppose to have equally damaged furniture. Or how about alternate parts so the modeller can make whatever is most suitable; intact or damaged.
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 09:29 AM UTC
Like were your going, it's not entirely damaged. But I'm working on a sofa with separate frame and cushions. First going to have a look if this is the wright way to go or not.

Thanks
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 01:14 AM UTC
Marco, after some searching, thought and consideration, i believe that a Good Grandfather clock would be worth your time to produce,
i found a nice picture wich may work well as a set after a little googling, what do you think?

it is from an antique furniture auction site, and is labeled as over 100 years old, and german made. i'm not sure on the dimentions, but i can search more.
7 foot high, 20 inches wide and 10 inches deep
 _GOTOTOP