Vintige furniture. Let us know what your want
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
Hi everybody,
It came to our attention that there is a demand for furniture and stuff to complete a nice diorama.

So this is a call to all of you to let us know what kind of furniture and scale you would like us to produce. Please support your request with a picture of that vintage piece!

What’s in it for you? If your object has been picket by us you will get your product send for free!!

You can send your idea to [email protected]

Hope to see a lot of ideas !!!

Cheers,
Marco Beer
Helmuth’s Strongholds
(my apologies if this is not the correct topic)
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:17 PM UTC
What a great idea! I'll start searching - do you want intact furniture or broken or both?
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 08:40 AM UTC
Thanks!

All is welcome, I really like your suggestion for broken/damaged furniture
Hope to see some pics!
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 06:36 PM UTC
I feel a bit bad that there are nor responses to this request.

Myself do at this moment not see any furniture which is not already produced by some other manufacturer.
Is there a choice of fireplaces out there? With nice ornaments?
Interior lighting?

There are cupboards available, but there are so many possibilities...

That's it for now

Thanks for asking

Claude
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 06:56 PM UTC
Hi Marco
I remember the old Verlinden kits of wardrobes etc which were solid chunks of resin. I wonder if these could be recreated in laser cut wood? Hallstands, roll top desks, sideboards etc. How about some accurate plumbing for the external walls? With vents and pan branches etc. (Can you tell I'm a plumber? )
Brad
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 01:36 AM UTC
I'm still searching for some decent photo's of the furniture I'd like to see. The photo I'm looking for shows a ruined (French?) house and the furniture is mostly intact and has been dragged out into the street. Can't find it now - it was on google somewhere.
I never thought to ask what material would be used.
I'll keep searching tll I find it!
Cheers
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:43 AM UTC
Hi Claude,
Don’t feel bad about it, but it was feeling a bit lonely down here.. HAHA
I agree that there is a lot of furniture available from other manufactures, hence my question if there is some need for completely different kits. I like your idea about interior lights, also I’ve started on our first fireplace.

Hi to you to Brad the plumber,
I know what you mean by solid chunks of resin, also my big problem whit all resin kits are the large quantity of residue resin!!

Our concept is to make furniture it without this problem. Also our furniture kits comes in one piece. No more fiddling around with small parts. For now the smallest wall thickness is 0,7 mm and a detail level of 0,2mm. hope this improves in the future!! So no more massive chunks, just one piece hollow manufactured cupboards and closet with hinged doors and working drawers. Me personal, thinks this manner of production is a step up to laser cutting and resin casting. There is a manufacturer that does a laser cut chair and table, looks great when finished but kit has more than 30 laser cut parts made out of cardboard!

Like your ideas as well, don’t exactly know what you mean by external wall plumbing? Drain pipes and gutters?

And Hi to you to Callmehobbes,

No hurries mate, like the concept of it (French ruined) and I know the problem whit google, if I see something of interest I always safe it directly if I need it or not! When you’re looking for something specific you’ll never find it again.
Material we use is plastic. Andy did a review on our two virgin project you can see them at trackpads

Thanks to all of you for replying

Marco
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:01 PM UTC
some pics of our first kits

BomberGunner
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi Marco,
What about a treadle Singer sewing machine?
You always see one loaded in a cart when there's a column of refugees. Also troops always needed uniforms repaired and would frequently conscript the local tailor rather than risk the quartermaster's wrath.

If there are copright issues you can always do a DML and call it an 8inger.
jagd654
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 296 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hi Marco !
How about some 54mm cobbler tools ? If I'm not mistaken, no major manufacturer makes them .HTH. Cheers !
Kenneth .
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:34 PM UTC
Hi Marco,

I don't like your first furnitures!

no, i'm kidding of course, they look great (especially the Café chairs), the only regret i have personnaly that they are looking so good , that anyone making the effort of scratchbuilding furniture is not going to be rewarded by his better quality anymore. It's basically impossible today to make a difference against commercial items.

Leaves only to find even more original items to scratch and be happy with the money saved.

But i am not excluding getting a set or two from your Café chairs. Sometime Time savings is another buying factor, besides doing this rounded chairs is not so easy.

Cheers
Claude

PS.

Brad is probably indeed meaning the exterior gutters and such. I bought my stuff from 35th Const. Batallion, and as far as i know, they are not active anymore.

MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 10:17 AM UTC
Hi Lucien,
Thanks for your comment on copyrights, totally forgot about it!! Had to do some remodeling on some objects to.. had incorporated the original name in it… Like the sewing machine, just can’t find a right and usable picture of a vintage type! I’ll just keep on looking for it. I anyone have some please send them to my email!!!

Hi to Kenneth,
Nice one, they had a lot of tools and still have. I’m thinking to do a shoe repair shop interior and some were I should have a picture of a door to door vender kart

And last but not the least hello to Claude,

Thanks for the compliments , I don’t agree with the statement that scratch builders can’t do any better than the commercial manufactures. There are a lot of things that can’t be reproduced in fine details and large quantities.
In fact the new line with furniture’s can always be improved, because we have a limited wall thickness of .7 mm there are a lot of things we can’t do and a scratch builder can. Also as a company we try to please the mass and individual products are hard to sell. So they are kept behind, for instants take a look at your own master piece. If we should reproduce this it should cost a fortune and we probably sell only two copies of it. I agree that it’s hard to make round chairs but if you try enough you will succeed!

Thanks to you al and sorry for my late reply

Cheers,
Marco
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Armorama: 764 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 10:44 AM UTC
Refrigerators, stoves, washers (not sure if they had them back then -washers).
Mike
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hi Marco

I don't know what program you are using to model your furniture in but there are quite a few examples of furniture created in 3D software you could use to base yours on. Save you a fair bit of work. Most seem available in a format like dxf which you could import if you are not using Autocad etc.

Sketch Up may be what you are using, in which case I'm sure you know about their 3D resource. Alternatives are the web sites aimed at 3D illustrators etc. Do a Google on 3D models.

Here is one I've used stuff on for my CAD work, although I don't use the program its there for, just import it as a dxf like I said.
Accustudio

Lots more at places like this

http://www.3dm3.com/modelsbank/cat5.htm
http://www.archibase.net/gdl
http://www.buildingenvironments.com/index.asp

Just a few, but do a search and you'll find plenty more. I know alot of it is modern but there are other pieces that are "classics" and would fit any time frame.

Alan
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:53 PM UTC
Hi Mike,
Refrigerators and washer were available from the 1950’s. perhaps if we do some modern in the future we will produce them. I’m working on a stove/cooker thanks to Andy hoe gave us some pictures of an cooker.
Thanks for your reply.

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your input. Unfortunate these drawings are not good for printing! I’ve tried but I have to do a lot of remodeling to make them work. Also I enjoy making 3d drawings!

Cheers,
Marco
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 07:50 AM UTC
Some "vintage" stuff can be found in the various books from John Seymour (Forgotten Household crafts etc.) where he shows various pre-industrial/pre-electrical implement he uses on his farm. A lot of this would be useful for a diorama picturing farm work and most of it could be found in europe well into the 1950s (Automation came late to i.e German farming)

Sewing Maschines, maybe the website author can supply you with more detailed pictures

Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 08:55 AM UTC
Great furniture! Please keep us updated as to the releases and prices of your products. I second Brad's suggestions. I've been looking for some 1/35 scale bathroom fixtures like sinks and tubs. My search didn't turn up much, and they will be unique products. How about something like this below?

I would also like to see some 1/35 kitchen sinks. These furniture can potentially be used in both WWII and modern dioramas because their shapes are generally universal. Thanks for asking!
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:43 AM UTC
Hi Mmeier,

I’ve ordered the book you mention thanks… also nice web site with a lot of sewing machines. It’s a pity they only show the front side and some details. But I can work with this thanks.

Hi James,

Thanks for the compliment! Nice picture of the bathtub and fixtures. We will make a bathroom with some furniture and tilled walls and floor. Al ready on the WIP is a Dutch kitchen.
Thirst things to be published are : Living room set ( sofa, two chairs, table, finishing element for the walls and ceiling). Library room set ( big closet, twin desk and chair)

When I now more I will post some pics.

Thank you both for replying
Cheers
trackpads
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 330 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 03:58 AM UTC
Sounds like you have been bizzy marco really looking forward to seeing more mate.
ozzbik
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 07:21 PM UTC
As I haven't seen this yet, but is it possible to have electronics included?
Like a working cafe sign (Light) or Lightpoles, Table lamps ,etc (with long enough wire ).

I know that there are sets for trains but (as far i know ) they are not in 1/35 scale.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 03:38 AM UTC
Radio-the civilian types. People often listened to them for war news.

Office furniture such as typewriters, desk lamps, etc.

And yes refrgerators and washing machines did exist before the 1950's, though different from the modern types.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC
Dear Marco,
Sounds great to become the model world's interior designer!
In The Netherlands you may find quite some models in the Openluchtmuseum and the Zuiderzeemuseum. I hope that you will be able to make different styles since before WWII their was even more a clear difference in styling.
To Tom: in The Netherklands the German authorities carefully collected the radios to avoid the locals to gather a clear sight on the war!
Hopefully, we will soon be able to go to Marco's home furnisher's shop!
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Marco,
Sounds great to become the model world's interior designer!
In The Netherlands you may find quite some models in the Openluchtmuseum and the Zuiderzeemuseum. I hope that you will be able to make different styles since before WWII their was even more a clear difference in styling.
To Tom: in The Netherklands the German authorities carefully collected the radios to avoid the locals to gather a clear sight on the war!
Hopefully, we will soon be able to go to Marco's home furnisher's shop!

I was thinking of all the depictions of families gathered around the radio in wartime Britain.
MarcoBeer
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 12:49 PM UTC
Hi it’s been a while, very hectic times!!

For now we have 3 new items coming and a lot on the way.

@brad. Hope this is what you were looking for? If you could mail me your address I will send it to you.

Keep up the good ideas!!

Chears,
Marco

callmehobbes
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 08:23 PM UTC
Looking really good.
 _GOTOTOP