_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
comic book campaign
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 04:49 PM UTC
I'm not sure how it works to start a campaign . I posted on the afv forum about an idea i had for an M3 Lee Aussie dio that I got from an old comic . I found out from the replies I got on this great site that historically not so much .Surprise surprise that a comic is not historically accurate . I still want to do it and i've been a lurker here for a long time so I thought it's time to be a little more involved . So how about a comic campaign ? Any scene or idea gleaned from a comic . I know a lot of us were comic lovers ...Haunted Tank ...Fightin Army ...Fightin Marines .....Sgt Rock . What do you think?
Removed by original poster on 12/02/10 - 06:28:15 (GMT).
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 06:27 PM UTC
I remember the Haunted Tank comics well. My mother tossed my comics when I preferred them to homework. I seem to recall there was talk somewhere of bringing it back. Don't know if they ever did.

There are two threads to read about campaigns. The first is about campaigns for those participating.
For Those New to Armorama Campaigns

The next is for those who want to start a campaign.
For Campaign Leaders
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 08:06 PM UTC
I remember those comics from my childhood plus a few more. I do not remember the correct name but maybe it was General Stuart, the one about the ghost of General Stuart guiding the crew of an M3 Stuart but I do not think that it was called Ghost Tank. There was one with an Indian P-51 pilot called Cloud Capt, Roc was everywhere and the independents who had no character driven comic but a lot of stories. These all came from the early 1960's.

Bob
Dezzyno1
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 08:58 PM UTC
What agreat idea for a campaign

i have over 400 Battle/war picture library comics and sgt rock comics that ive collected since i was a boy. The wife doesnt see any point in them but apart from being great to read they have given me so much inspiration for modelling.

does anyone else have these comics ?

im in 100% if this idea gets up and running.
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2010 - 03:32 PM UTC
Gary thanks for the links I would really like to get this one going!
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:56 AM UTC
So do I count in the ten required for the campaign ? Heres my idea , any scale any thing , ie wingy things , figures , armor , floaty boats , you name it . As long as it came from a military comic . It would be awesome if you could include the scene from the comic in your in progress or gallery page. C'mon guys this would be fun no worries about accuracy except to maybe include the inaccuracies !
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 01:59 PM UTC
Hey! I am all for this campaign, spread it around and who supplies to comics for research?

Bob
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:20 PM UTC
yeah, I'm interested

GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey! I am all for this campaign, spread it around and who supplies to comics for research?

Bob

Oh, I don't want to add yet another hobby. I try to stay away from comic books stores. These days I'm trying to cut down on the stuff in my apartment, not add to it!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:35 PM UTC
Gary, I live with my brother, sister-in-law, and neice and have my own room so I bet you have more square footage anyway boy could I use some of those comics now. If only would have saved some, not all. Hey Darin what kind of rules have you come up with yet, my mind can get a liitle off center with out instructions just kidding.

Bob
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:03 PM UTC
Ok guys i'm new to this but here is my idea some of it i stated before. Comic book campaign ! I don't remember exactly how my interest in all things military got started but i do know comic books were a big part . All things military can be included if the scene comes from a comic . Any scale . Figures . Armor . Vehicles . Aircraft . Boats (or as my Navy vet fatherinlaw says "itsa ship dammit" ) I'm going for a diorama or vignette theme here , how else to portray a scene that is hand drawn ? Also if possible scan and post a pic of the scene being depicted . I'm thinking i would allow started but not completed models because after i found out my idea was not accurate i went ahead with collecting needed kits . Then i came up with this brain fart . I'm thinking no started bases. I know wierd rules but hey i'm married with three kids , not very often i get to make rules for anyone over the age of 12. Sounds like fun to me . I would like to start sooner than later . Thanks guys i love this site !
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 05:01 AM UTC
FYI, you're probably not getting a lot of folks jumping on your bandwagon because many new or infrequent users pop onto the site, talk up an idea, start a campaign, and then "poof" disappear, never to be seen or heard from again.
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 06:53 AM UTC
Love the idea and Im really hoping it would pull through this time, but Im afraid I agree with Sabot for now

The links below was from almost 4 years ago, lots of positive response, lots of willing participants, lots of excitment about an actual campaign or even a simple group build about comics heroes. Unfortunately it was an idea that simply went pffffft.......

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/68385&page=1

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/68888#579493
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:32 PM UTC
OK , understandable sabot and muttley . How do I change this ? I want to be an active member . This is a great site and I have learned tons from you all. Let me just say it's a big deal to want to start a campaign after seeing all the great work here . PS not trying to suck up just being damn honest .
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:30 PM UTC
Darin,

Vigilance! Just keep at it my man. Forward your campaign request to the Armorama staff and stick with your cause. Keep on gathering interested modelers out there.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:50 PM UTC
Darin, become a more active member. Participate in on going campaigns, participate in the forums, submit content (reviews, builds, etc.); bottom line, become more known.

Just because you get an idea for a build doesn't necessarily mean it should be turned into a campaign. Also check active campaigns, there may be some that already cover an area very similar to what you are proposing.

For instance, there is a TV & Movie campaign that covers the desire to build something not historically accurate but trying to match something cosmetically. Had you jumped into that thread, it could have probably been expanded to include items in print such as novels (think Team Yankee) or comics (I know there is a kit of the experimental plane the Blackhawks used in their comic, complete with markings).
TV & Movie Campaign
melvin
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 02:09 PM UTC
Muttley thanks for the reply , appreciate it .Sabot thats what i"m trying to do . In fact i already joined the Forgotten War campaign . I am also working on posting some of the work my sons and i have already done . computer illiterate folks like me it takes some time . I type the old hunt and peck way. I thank you all for your input and patience .
 _GOTOTOP