Nas Quad
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi to all.

This is my first post in this forum. Principally, I like to make my models in scratch. Now I am making a Nash Quad with two different bodies. Ammunition and workshop. It will be painted in light grey, the colour used by the Spanish army in 1921.

Best regards.

Pedro.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:01 AM UTC
Both are looking outstanding so far.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:53 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama and the Braille Scale forum, Pedro. Your builds look superb. You must have a lot of spare time. How did you do the rivets or bolts on the ammunition version? Do you cast your own parts? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Jan
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi to all.

This is my first post in this forum. Principally, I like to make my models in scratch. Now I am making a Nash Quad with two different bodies. Ammunition and workshop. It will be painted in light grey, the colour used by the Spanish army in 1921.

Best regards.

Pedro.

Pedro -

You work is excellent! Thanks for sharing it. Can you tell me where you got the plans for the vehicles? I would love to try my hand at doing a similar build in 1/35.

Thanks,
Dave
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:58 AM UTC
Pedro,

First of all a hardy welcome to you. I hope you will like your stay here at Armorama. The community of braille scale modelers has steadily grown here, especially this year. We have a lot of really talented, from the box modelers, but a very few scratch builders . . . even harder to find in this small scale.

The two projects that you have chosen to share with us are completely outstanding pieces with quite a range of materials, both on the models and I'm sure on your work bench - tools, used to achieve the end results. You obviously have a great deal of patience and skill so don't be surprised by the amount of questions thrown at you. After all we are all here to share and learn from each other. We most certainly would stand to learn a great deal from you should you happen to share a few of your building methods, via a future build log perhaps?

Your photos are also first rate and very professional looking. I'm very impressed and happy to see something like this as I'm sure anyone here at Armorama opening this post is.

Again, thanks for sharing your builds. Looking forward to more.
-Eddy
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:05 AM UTC
Thanks to all for the comments.

Dave. It is only a chassis with two bodies

Jan. Yes, I have cast my own parts. I have two methods to make rivets.

biggest

little

Dave. I have made my own drawings using like a reference some pictures of a real vehicle. I can to look for to they.

Eddy. Thanks very much for your words.

Regards.

Pedro.

GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:00 AM UTC
Very impressive work, and doubly so because of the small scale--I thought I was looking at a 1/35th scale model (or larger)!
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 04:54 AM UTC
Pedro, thank you very much for sharing your rivet process with us. The step by step pictures were far more than anyone could have hoped to see. I and I am sure others are most appreciative. Now for the rest of us to have the time and the patience to implement this process in our builds.

Cheers,
Jan
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi Pedro. Welcome to Armorama. I remember seeing your work on Missing Lynx, and have admired it very much. Its great to see it again. Amazing scratchbuilding skills ... and at this scale. Very clean work as well. Looking forward to more.
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:40 AM UTC
Thanks to all. The forums are an important way to learn. I'm here to help and be helped. For finish the year, two pictures about my model almost finished.

Best regards and happy new year.

Pedro.
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:04 AM UTC
Beautiful work, Pedro! Thanks for sharing it and your techniques.

Dave
SchoeniR6
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hi

It looks Great!!!!!!!
Build your own model is very hard.
But your painting is very good, too.

Cheers Daniel
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
Armorama: 674 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 01:53 AM UTC
Outstanding craftsmanship made more impressive by the small scale.
caragd
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 03:12 AM UTC
Pedro, this an incredible stuff, I like this very well built model that I saw me too in ML, thanks for sharing.
Dario
Braille
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:54 AM UTC
Pedro,

I see your painting skills are a match to your building skills. You suburbly managed to highlight and bring out all of the details. You've added a pair of headlamps and what appears to be a small boarding ladder stuffed below the center portion of the workshop body? Other than not having added the lenses to the three lamps up front your vehicle looks so real.

Thank you very much for sharing your technique, via the step by step photos, for creating both the large and small sized rivets in this scale. This will certainly come in handy on one of my upcoming soviet rail car projects.

For practice I have tried using your technique for the larger rivets with much success. I can be a somewhat lazy person at times so I went ahead and used a lightly worn Scotchbright scouring pad to both de-burr and round off the edges on the rivets after filling them down to there final size. And to prevent the edge of the sheet part from being eaten away by the Scotchbright scouring pad during the de-burring of the rivets I held a thin shaving blade near the rivets. I followed this step using a piece of #0000 steel wool pad to soften, polish and blend in any light scratches left by the Scotchbright scouring pad. Finally I used a small damp sponge dipped in water with a little dish washing liquid to both clean and remove the static from the plastic left during the polishing process. Next I'll have to try your technique for the small rivets.

Hoping to see how you come about doing the lenses on the lamps and the painting on the ammunition body.

Happy new year and best of wishes,
-Eddy
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 - 02:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments. Soon I will post new pictures with the model finished.

Eddy, it is a good notice you have used this technique for the larger rivets with much success. I normally use old sandpaper to round off the edges on the rivets. This is an example with the first technique.

Best regards and happy new year again.

Pedro.
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hi again in this new year.

My stage with my little Nash has finished. She began some years ago with an armoured truck, over Nash chassis, which was use by the Spanish Army in 1934.

Using resin copies, I decided to make the truck version. This is an American version that I made for a friend (ken Kafka) which has a real truck. He helped to me with pictures and information.

Finally, today I have finished the paint of my double model. All comments in order to improve my model will be welcome.

Best regards.

Pedro.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 01:20 PM UTC
Outstanding Pedro. Beautiful finishes on all the trucks. I especially like the weathered wood on the shelter version. Top notch.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 02:37 PM UTC
Indeed, Outstanding Pedro

Thank you for sharing your techniques and WIP images

and Welcome to Armorama

vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 09:59 PM UTC
I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on this topic, but I'm glad I gave it a look. This is outstanding work Pedro! I would encourage you to consider doing a build feature on one of your next projects
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 10:50 AM UTC
Sometimes words are not enough. Your skills are amazing, congratulations.

P.A.
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 07:27 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments.

Soon, I will begin a new project (italian Pavesi P4). I will try to post a step by step principally with the wheels.

Best regards.

Pedro.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC
Very inspiring results, Pedro. Again, thanks for sharing your rivet making methods. Hope to see more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
Jan
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 11:01 AM UTC
My hats off to you Pedro. fantastic craftmanship.
Braille
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi again in this new year.

My stage with my little Nash has finished. She began some years ago with an armoured truck, over Nash chassis, which was use by the Spanish Army in 1934.

Best regards.

Pedro.

Pedro,

Thanks so much for sharing your builds and techniques with all of us. Your work is first rate. Although the other trucks are extremely well detailed, and far beyond my present skill level, I happen to like the little riveted armored truck just a tiny bit more.

Looking forward to seeing your Italian Pavesi P4 build log.

-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP