_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
TK3
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:49 AM UTC
Ola people

I'm going to show here my work on RPM's TK3. A fun little kit that I'm building at my Girlfriends house. It started out as an easy built with abers PE set. But as with a lot of my projects this started to go down a different path when I checked online for pictures. One of the things that immediately popped up was the fact that the hatches in the superstructure are sunken into the superstructure so they sit flush with the other panels... A detail that RPM got spot on... except that they didn't. The same goes for the front deck which was spot on except for the fact that the Aber Hatches would not fit in any way to it. So I decided that the only way to get a more or less accurate TK3 was to scratch the whole superstructure in combination with Abers PE. I still have to do the back panel but so far this is the work. First I'm going to add all PE and then come the plethora of rivets that I still have to order. I know it looks a bit rough in some places but I will patch that up as i go along.

Ok here are some pics of the little bugger. Got meself a new cam and still figuring out all the settings so slowly the pics will get better.

I hope to give regular updates of the vehicle but as with all my projects. I usually start quick to end with the speed of continental drift.

Greetz
Robert
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:57 AM UTC
Hope the tanker doesn't have claustriphobia. Kind of early to make heads or tails of the scratch-building.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:11 PM UTC
Nope sure as hell you don't need any claustrophobia in this vehicle.
As for the scratchbuilding all that is left is the reardeck, Some clean up and then it is on to more PE and a trainload of rivets.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi Robert, great to see you.
Hope all is well.
The TK is looking great so far.
Funny thing is I happen to be working on one for the "White Eagle Campaign".
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 07:35 AM UTC
@ Dave
Everything is A-OK currently. A lot has changed for me and for the good. Can focus some more on the hobby again. Which is nice.

It is a funny little vehicle. And nice you are building one too. Bet yours will look stunning as well.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 09:59 AM UTC
Ola Guys
Another update in the TK3 saga. Last couple of nights I did some building again. Scratched the backdeck. Added a lot of PE on it and the rest of the vehicle. for now I have kinda enough of PE hinges... Small as it is I had to make 28 of them. Heb

Enough talk here are the pictures.

The exhaust still is attached to the vehicle with a piece of tape for ease of painting later. However I fear this project will be on a temporary hold in the very near future. As I am almost out of PE for the vehicle and the rivets still haven't arrived.

As usual I'm very curious to your feedback

With friendly greetz

Robert
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 11:22 AM UTC
Looks great so far Robert.

Here's the one I'm working on:
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 12:08 PM UTC
Ola Dave

That's some neat work on your TK3. I see you are also using the Aber set. How did you do the round part the MG sticks out? I had to cut the sides with a scissor so it had the same angle of the glacis. You have some interesting PE stuff ahead of you.

What are you using for rivets? I see you drilled holes are you using some kind of nails or so?

Great work mate.

Greetz Robert
 _GOTOTOP