UAZ 469
svizec
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hello guys.
This is my vision of an old an battered russian jeep UAZ 469. The kit is from manufacturer called military wheels and it`s really an awful kit, where nothing goes together. It has been built OOB an has been painted with Vallejo acrylics and weathered with oils and MIG pigments. I tried several newer techniques with this build, as well as the hairspray technique.

Jernej
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:02 PM UTC
You did a really nice job on a dog of a kit.
kamikaze
Visit this Community
Romania
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 03:43 AM UTC
Very nice job, I like it very much. I remember I was tempted quite a few times to throw it in the garbage bin ( or burn it ), back when I built mine, so I really appreciate your result. But because I really like the vehicle I want to buy one or two pieces and add as much detail as I can. On the other hand, maybe it`s the photos but the rear lights should be half red, half orange, and the front turning signal lights should be half orange, half white. I also see you omited the side turning lights. Anyway, a very good job on such a bad kit.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 06:32 AM UTC
Very impressive job! My dad used to say, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh1t, but I guess he was wrong, because you seem to have taken this dog and made something special out of it. And really, almost anyone can take a Tamigawa and turn it into a nice-looking vehicle, but it takes real ability to do the same with a kit by some obscure Russian or Eastern European manufacturer.
I wish Cold War and modern softskin kits were more widely available, but until they are, these kits are the only game in town. But I believe the Eastern European manufacturers will improve in quality over time.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 07:28 PM UTC
Jero, you did an impressive work, I really congratulate with you. It's impossible in my humple opinion doing a work better than your with this dog kit.
I really like your paint job and the weathering

MW kit has wrong shape. In my opinion modeller skill can do miracles with kits corret in shape but poor in details. Otherwise, if general shapes are incorrect, it could be frustrating try to improve a model

...and I REALLY wonder why a vehicle so diffuse hasn't had yet a good model to represent it

Congrats again, great indeed

Cheers
svizec
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 10:08 PM UTC
Thank you guys for the comments, I really appreciate it and I`am glad you like it.

And like Dragos sid, I had the same thought of throwing this kit straight in the dustbin several times during the build.
...and one more close up...

Jernej
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 12:39 AM UTC
Very great work, I can not imagine how you put it so perfect performance. You are a great artist.

Cheers
Blackwater
markchis
Visit this Community
Kuwait / لعربية
KitMaker: 467 posts
Armorama: 392 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 06:52 AM UTC
A very big well done on two accounts - 1st for building this pig of a kit and 2nd for excellent weathered appearance.

I bought this kit when I was in St Petersburg, opened box and thought - oh no -!
Started to build and just realised I was not going to expend any time on such an awful mess ! So mine did go in the bin

fantastic real pleasure to see it built to any stadand ! never mind this excellent example

cheers
Mark
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 11:23 AM UTC
Looking great.....Well done mate....
 _GOTOTOP