_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Vietnam Figures from Masterbox
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 04:49 AM UTC
Masterbox have sent us a series of images of a NEW set they''re working on, which, interestingly, covers a much-requested period - the Vietnam War. The full Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 05:01 AM UTC
Excellent!
I'll get a pair of set for sure. Even for conversions these figures will be very usefull.
Natural poses, good sculpting, i hopes MB will do other and other "modern sets".

Thanks for sharing
Stéphane
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 05:06 AM UTC
Damn good set, again a strike from Masterbox.
Poses are very convincing.
looking at the pictures, I have the impression that the guy with the helmet without camo hashis right arm longer than the left one. And maybe the officer talking with the vietnamese girl is a bit too much off balanced for me.
But apart from those nittle picking comments, this set is very interesting and welcomed and will satisfay a hell of lot Vietnam armor builders

Bravo masterbox !
Julien
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 05:14 AM UTC
They look great. I do agree that the one guy seems to have the arm not long enough. The hand should drop closer to the knee.You can fix that with a razor saw and a little putty. Cut the arm off right at the sleeve and extend. Just my opinion.......Al
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:33 AM UTC
It's always good to see new plastic figures, especially vietnam ones....again, interesting story being told by the poses.

Strangely, I've been working on one of the Bravo 6 "Platoon" figures, and converting him to be actually in Vietnam and not on the movie set with inaccuracies so perfectly sculpted in - and while spending ages looking over my reference material it dawned on me that the most common rucksack seen in Vietnam was the unpopular lightweight rucksack on it's tubular frame and that there's no model of it easily available - then here it comes! I'll be interested to see how it's produced - the frame seperately I hope as the way it's loaded is a way I've never seen.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:34 AM UTC
The poses of this set are very good. Notice how the Soldiers are leaning forward from the weight of the rucksacks. You don't see that very often in a figure set. The most important thing about the rucksacks is the frame for the lightweight rucksacks. Finally a manufacturer is going to make to correct frames!

About the Lightweight rucksacks and the frames, I do believe they will be separate pieces. The added equipment attached to the rucksacks are from some 1969-1970 photos from a unit of the Americal Division. They consist of a air mattress, poncho, and poncho liner roll on the bottom and perhaps a rolled up rain jacket or jungle fatigue shirt on top. You can configure the rucks as you wish, either with a bunch of canteens and extra gear or just the ruck bag itself and a fwe canteens.

The figure that will be an excellent addition to dioramas will be the Vietnamese civilian woman.

I can't wait for this kit to be released as I have known about it for a while. I have so many ideas for these figures!

Cheers,
James
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:45 AM UTC
We used the rucks with the frame in the Seabees, but when we went on patrols we nixed the frame since it makes too much noise clanging against stuff................Al
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:49 AM UTC
Excellent!!!!!!! Can't wait

Hisham
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:51 AM UTC
Great set. These figures are great for populating a scene around a M113 or another AFV.

Thanks for the update
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:54 AM UTC
They look very good and are very welcomed. The only two things I would like to see different are the helmet covers and an M60 MG. It looks like one giy doesn't have a helmet cover, they all should. I also think the guy w/his M16 over his shoulder would look better w/an M60 there. It was common for the 60 gunner to carry it that way.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:05 AM UTC
Looks like a very nice set. It also looks like at least one of the soldiers represents an African-American soldier, which is a very good thing since a large number of blacks fought in Viet Nam. The face sculpting on Masterbox figures is usually good and these are no exception. Another great set from Masterbox!

Jeff
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They look very good and are very welcomed. The only two things I would like to see different are the helmet covers and an M60 MG. It looks like one giy doesn't have a helmet cover, they all should. I also think the guy w/his M16 over his shoulder would look better w/an M60 there. It was common for the 60 gunner to carry it that way.

might be worth getting the Bravo 6 helmet set for these guys
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:27 AM UTC
Very impressive set! I hope to see more Vietnam figures by this manufacturer.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That is my point though, the buyer shouldn't have to buy another set to finish them correctly. The helmets should be correct out of the box. Hopefully they will fix this before they go into production.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 04:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That is my point though, the buyer shouldn't have to buy another set to finish them correctly. The helmets should be correct out of the box. Hopefully they will fix this before they go into production.

I wholeheartedly agree, but it is encouraging to see this subject being pursued.
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I do agree....still - anything new is welcomed
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:49 PM UTC
Masterbox is going to bankrupt me!
The only downside is the waiting for the kits to be released!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 - 09:23 AM UTC
Another good set from Masterbox. They just simply stopped amazing me with each new release. I need one set to stand around a slick and at least two more for future. Too many ideas at once, but a very usefull and well recieved set that has been needed.
Cookie
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 - 04:58 AM UTC
Is this set another WIP and can we still expect to see the other set which is shown on their Web page - Patrol in Jungles Set 3595.
Cookie
 _GOTOTOP