_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
In Progress: Tamiya Jagdpanther
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 - 03:42 PM UTC
Here's my in progress 1/48th scale Tamiya Jagdpanther. I just put on the first application of the camo. I am almost positive that I have historical inaccuracies (with camo, parts, and the zim coating) Please enlighten me because I would like to know for the future. I just make these for fun so I am not too concerned if I have the wrong exhaust pipe or whatnot. Haha. Thanks for looking and for info. Any tips/ pointers are appreciated as well.

-Joe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 04:10 AM UTC
If in doubt look up "Ute" the Jagdpanzer in Koblenz and her sibling in the Imperial War Museeum. Both have quite a few pictures in the net.

Ute seems a match

Now the reconstruction may not be perfect (also WTS considers itself a scientific/history organisation in the Bundeswehr) but you can always claim "I build THAT one"
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 06:30 AM UTC
Looks like you did a great job on the zimm,1/48 no less,and nice AB job on the camo.I never tried my own zimm.I do know that only early Jagdpanthers had zimm,and you have the early exhaust on yours,but the extra fan on top of the back deck is for late models.But I also believe it's ok to build it the way YOU like.

One suggestion would be that PE screens over the vents in back really dress up any vehicle,if you find them affordable,it's a good investment.
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 10:40 AM UTC
Thanks MBR for the pics. And Anothony, thanks. I put that fan on the back because I thought it looked cool. Haha. And those PE screens I don't really want. I do agree that it makes it look good. Thanks for the tip. And just if you wanted to know (although you might already know how) I made the zimm coating with squadron white putty spread out and then I used a razor blade to make the lines.

-Rampenfest
 _GOTOTOP