_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
KMK ScaleWorld in Geel Belgium
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this event. I hope it went well (I am assuming it's all over now). Many of our Dutch members spared no amount of time and money (t-shirts) to make this first Armorama involved event a success. I am confident it all payed off.

My special thanks to Ronny Noben for all his work on this.

Now where are the pictures!

Cheers,
Jim
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 06:27 PM UTC
Jim,

we all got back home safe and I must admit it payed off big time. A detailed report will follow later today including the pics.

I think that all who visited the KMK event now know Armorama...... the members, the shirts, the banner, the computer with the presentation ....we made a name over there.

To all who where involved....THANKS !!!! You are a wonderful bunch of guys !!

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 07:15 PM UTC
I also have to thank everybody who was there for their effort and enthusiasm.
You are all a nice bunch of people.

I received a e-mail today from Rudi Meir (KMK) congratulating us on a job well done.

According to him, Armorama has the potential to grow in to something big, not only on the net but also in competitions, we certainly have the talent in house.

We made a good impression with our stand, the shirts, badges and banner made a real professional impression and the name cards (well mine did) flew away.

It was nice to see some of the Overloon attendants as well seeing new faces, I think that Wezz did a big step taking a train and going to a event he has never been to before to meet a crazy crew who where only virtual until yesterday.

We are invited to attend KMK next year and I hope we can get another great group together.

I also want to thank the whole KMK group for a job well done, great show, a good deal of vendors and again they where able to get some of the best modelers together sharing their tips and willing to talk about our hobby.

I can't wait to see the pictures (I made 120 myself ), but Jim I think it is fair to say, mission successful :-) :-) :-) :-)

My special thanks go to our crew:

Eagle
Faust
Wezz
General Failure
Gollikel
Bep
Demodelbouwer
Zero_Cool

A big applause is in order
bep
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 566 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 08:22 PM UTC
Also a big hand for Eric and Ronny for their prizes.
Well deserved.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 09:07 PM UTC
It was a great day :
- access to loads of resin and PE kits that are difficult to find in the familiar shops
- hands-on demonstrations of techniques and products
- the opportunity to share experience with fellow modelers
- some very famous dio's that are well know through the internet were there 'live" to examine in detail
- but most of all : finding out that the other guys on Armorama are REAL people. It was so nice to meet you all off-line.
I already look forward to the next event !

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 09:11 PM UTC
Indeed indeed

It was a wonderfull day yesterday. and Erwin and I got home safe too. And sure the vendors there knew how to get the money out of my pocket
Also I like to congratulate Eric and Ronny for their prices and of course Gino can`t be forgotten in this list as he is an Armorama member too of course. I have seen a lot of brilliant things and I like to read the article of it. Of course a lot of things I had seen was a big inspiration for me and I also came to the conclusion that I still have a lot to learn but hey isn`t life all learning???

Anyway It was also fun to see some new faces inthe flesh.. General Failure wich I had never met before, Gino Poppe and go on the list is quite long

Anyway I really enjoyed the day and i`m looking forward to the article

Golikell
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hi Failure,
I had a great time too! Good people, good laughter, and some exsellent models to drool about. Not to mention the great atmosphere (not litterlay, I almost suffocatated of the cigarette smoke!)
Next year I want to be there again, if other activiteis permit me to do so.
It was a big pleasure meeting guys who you normally only know from the virtual world.
Regards,
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2003 - 12:22 AM UTC
Maybe ..... as this was such a success ........ you guys could organise something to bring in more of the guys from Europe. this sounds very inviting.
Maybe if we knew about this in advance and with some help and direction, it might attract some more armorama members from outside the Holland/belguim area.
Cant wait to see the pictures!
Golikell
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2003 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hi Plastic,
I already proposed on the dutch forum to organize something ourselves (like with the Arnhem commemoration. Maybe, maybe....
Depends on things like funds (ouch) manpower etc.
Who votes for this proposal, all raise their hands......
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2003 - 01:03 AM UTC
Congratulations for the big effort and the success you had in return guys!!! I hope to join in next year compatibly with my business...
Bravi!!!

zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2003 - 04:44 AM UTC
HI

I to had a great time I want to thank everyone who made that possible and I sure as hell will attend next time,
I also want to congrat the armorama winners ronny gino and eric.

I hope we have many more days like these.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2003 - 06:26 AM UTC
The report, including some pics, is published on the Dutch Forum. I'll publish the translated report (in english) tomorrow.

_GOTOTOP