_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
HobbyBoss 1/48 KV-2 Paint order question
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 03:15 PM UTC
Hi all,

I am working on this kit and am getting to the point of painting. Most of it is assembled, getting close to primer then paint. Was wondering what you would recommend for an order? My concern is I have installed the link and length track, but the 'fenders?' sit so close, I have to paint them and the tracks first I think. How would you handle?

Don't think I can install the fenders then paint the tracks, just don't see how that would work. But concerned about gaps, seams if I install them after paint...

Thanks for the help and I hope the pictures illustrate what I am working on well enough.

Thanks again,

John
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 06:31 PM UTC
Here's a 1/48 Hobby Boss KV I did awhile back. I always assemble everything first, including gear before painting. I use thinner paint to help it flow to the nooks and crannies, and patience. Also at my LHS they had some pipe cleaner on a stick painting tools that help get in really small spots but are rarely needed. Most stuff under there won't be seen anyway. HTH

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 09:16 PM UTC
I always, always paint the tracks separately from the rest of the kit. I think, with a little tinkering, you could remove the tracks from the model. Use some white glue to attache the fenders for painting. After everything has dried, remove the fender and reattache the tracks. Attache the fenders and you are done.
 _GOTOTOP