_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya M1A1 USMC Abrams
Mario_HR
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 376 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 02:08 AM UTC
Hi I had some time off while I was getting my airbrush back in shape so I started building this. It's the Tamiya's OIF boxing and I want to try to get it to shape. It falls great and it's a fast build. I'm adding some Voyagers PE parts to it and some scratchbuilding to get it to current USMC specs. I was looking at the great article by Vodnik to see what's needed so here's the start.

I used tamiya's epoxy putty to clog the motorization holes. Perhaps it's a dumb thing to do, since it won't be seen, but I don't like these at all. I still have to do the one above the sprocket base. The lower hull is as it is. I'm not going to remove the center box type structure. It's a thing that will stay.

The entire anti slip coating is done with rough cote spray by colors warhammer people use. It works nice

I removed the raised lip on the driver's hatch opening, as it's not there on the real thing.

The TI phone box is scratchbuilt with the hinge from Voyagers set. I still need to add more details to it.

I soldered some stuff together. The longest time I spent was assembling the reserve smoke grenade boxes

These too.. I noticed one part fell off

I started detailing the APU box. I need some L channel to make the cable routing channell so this still needs to be done

This is the overall look so far

thanks
_Viper_
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 163 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 03:16 AM UTC
Mario,

looking great.
I especially admire the anti-slip coating (will have to give it a try).

Accuracy-wise I am not qualified enough to comment, so I will leave it to others.

Keep it up!

IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 04:53 AM UTC
Mario,

I concur. The non-slip work looks really good. I am especially impressed by the super thin lines you were able to achieve between sections!

John
 _GOTOTOP