_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
did it work?
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 01:58 PM UTC
my first picture
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 02:00 PM UTC
Kits not finished yet wanted to see if icould post a pic.looked like it worked first try at weathering am i on the right track?Thanks J.T.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 02:09 PM UTC
Nice job getting the photo loaded

I don't think that the lighting is doing your weathing justice. If you take a picture of the Sherman outside in natural lighting, this will give us a better look at your skills.

Your vertical streaking is coming along nicely, it's hard to see some of the other affects accurately with the washout from the flash.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice job getting the photo loaded

I don't think that the lighting is doing your weathing justice. If you take a picture of the Sherman outside in natural lighting, this will give us a better look at your skills.

Your vertical streaking is coming along nicely, it's hard to see some of the other affects accurately with the washout from the flash.

I was more concerned with getting the photo up at this point whan the quality,I can work on that as time goes by.this is only my 2nd kit and 1st shot at weathering.so far the streaking and wash is all there is to see Just trying to get ready for the "what if 2"campaign. we have not had a sunny day here for a long time ,hopefully by this week end i can get outside and try some different stuff,thanks J.T.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 04:55 PM UTC
I used to live up in Maryland, so I know what the weather can be like up there. You don't always need direct sunlight, sometimes it works in your favor to have the sun filtered by the clouds as it eliminates the harsh contrasts and gives you a purer representation in your photos.
Down here we hardly ever have cloud cover, so I have to wait until sometime around noon to take pictures so that I don't have harsh shadowing.

What mediums are you using for your weathering process?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 09:08 PM UTC
The best time to photograph outside is right after a storm. The air is cleaner and the sun shouldn't be too overbearing.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I used to live up in Maryland, so I know what the weather can be like up there. You don't always need direct sunlight, sometimes it works in your favor to have the sun filtered by the clouds as it eliminates the harsh contrasts and gives you a purer representation in your photos.
Down here we hardly ever have cloud cover, so I have to wait until sometime around noon to take pictures so that I don't have harsh shadowing.

What mediums are you using for your weathering process?

Very low tech.dark green base is(i'm ashamed to say) krylon camo spray can i got at wal-mart .Washes are testors enamel thinned with min spirits.Just kind of messing around at this point mixing colours Need to do the hull next,then try some mud for the tracks.Plaster dust mixed with the testors?Thanks again.J.T.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 10:38 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

... try some mud for the tracks.Plaster dust mixed with the testors?

Some Rustoleum brown texture paint is what I use for dirt and mud. A couple of quick sprays and your model looks like a dirt slogger.
 _GOTOTOP