_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya 1/48th Jagdpanther
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 07:41 AM UTC
Well, this is my 90% complete Jagdpanther. I still have to add decals, tow cables, and a few other accessories. This is my first time using pastels/eash effectivly. Inmy personal opinion however, I think there is a little too much black. This Jagdpanther will eventually go onto a really muddy diorama so that's why I added all the mud. (I guess I shouldn't have really put it on the armour sides though) I've seen it on other models like a Stug, but to a lesser extent. But, I'm still in the process of toying around with techniques and such. Anyways, comments/tips are appreciated. There is a fingerprint in picture 3, but I have buffed that out since the picture was taken. Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 05:09 PM UTC
Hi, congrats on getting it finished. As with your previous model, I understand the not liking to paint the roadwheel tires but ya gotta do it. You could add a little wheel nut grease with thinned black paint. Less is often more with the mud. You could dab some mud on the end of a brush and flick it on to create smaller splotches.

I would highly recommend this book by MIG F.A.Q. - you could probably get it on ebay for 1/2 price. Gives you lots of painting and weather help. There is also a DVD on the pigments for around $15-$20 that you can actually see the process in action which may be the best place to start.
http://www.amazon.com/Q-Frequently-Questions-Techniques-Modelling/dp/849652762X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304913457&sr=8-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mig-Productions-F-A-Q-Vol-1-Pigments-DVD-1000-08-/180651679055?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2a0faddd4f

Glad you're enjoying these kits as they're great. You can try a new painting and weathering technique with each model you do.
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 10:27 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I already had the model assembled when I heard about painting the raod wheels so it was a little late for that (I need the road wheels off the model for me to paint the edges) Thanks for the tip on the mud. however, it is going to go onto a diorama that has a really muddy raod so that's why there is so much. Haha. I was sorta thinkng though....I should probably take the mud off of the armour skirts yeah? Thanks.

-Joe
 _GOTOTOP