_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
DML Panther A Early Scene
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 11:52 AM UTC
This is the DML Panther A early, with Fruil tracks and Eduard etch. The base and debris were scratch built.

I have been looking at this one for WAAAYY to long. I think it's done, but then again I might have missed something. If you see something amiss, please let me know.

Jeff

thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 05:01 AM UTC
I like it. Tank looks great, and I think the figures set the scene.

Do you have any tips on how you did the rubble? I want to do something similar for my next model but don't have any idea where to start.

Welcome back,

Jeff
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 04:21 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words

The main component of the debris is cat litter (unused).

I made a ton of little bricks with Milliput.... roll out a slab of appropriate thickness and then score with an knife. Once hard just snap along the score lines and you have bricks.

The little shingles are just strip styrene cut to length and the odd board or two is just balsa. My best advice is to just experiment and test things out.

Thanks again-
Jeff
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
Pretty darned nice Jeff. Good Figures ! What paints did you use on them ? The only thing I can comment on is the troops are dressed in cold weather gear. Maybe a little snow & mud. The Panther is just a little too "clean" but it still looks great ! Thank you for sharing it with us ! Tom
 _GOTOTOP