_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Avenger detail kit
basqueechmo82
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 03:41 PM UTC
Hello all, does anyone know where I can find a good detail kit for the Avenger anti-aircraft system? From what I've seen there are only 3- eduard, real model, and modelbau. I got the real model one and found it lacking. The only item from the kit that I may use is the bustle box for the back. I have a couple of the italeri kits that I'd like to build up, but the details are severely lacking. I'm looking for something with the bustle box, turret interior details, maybe some exterior details, and the RCU assembly for inside the hmmwv cab. The modelbau set looks like it would work, but I can't find it in stock anywhere. My scratchbuilding skillsaren't quite up to that level yet so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 03:43 AM UTC
I think the modelbau set is out of production and it is very hard to come across. I got mine from Ebay.

The Eduard PE set for the Avenger is the only other thing available.

I too was disappointed with the Real Model set. I've been pondering combining the model kit, Real Model conversion, Modelbau conversion and the PE set to complete one Avenger...Not sure yet.
basqueechmo82
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 10:37 AM UTC
What does the eduard set come with? From the pics I've seen it looks like mostly external details for the ecu/ppu and m1097 hmmwv. I'm thinking I'll use tamiya's m1025 for the carrier since. It is a much better hmmwv kit than the italeri.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 11:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What does the eduard set come with? From the pics I've seen it looks like mostly external details for the ecu/ppu and m1097 hmmwv.

You can download the instruction sheet from their website :
http://www.eduard.cz/products/card_main.php?id_product=2431&name=avenger&catalogue_nb=&type=&pgroup=&scale=4&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=0

HTH

Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP