_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Photo-Report: Trump's Aerosan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 03:40 AM UTC
Previously covered in a brief update (via the U.S. Importers) we present a batch of company-supplied images of Trumpeter's Aerosan in 1/35th scale. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 07:26 AM UTC
This keeps looking better every time we see more on it. I really like how the belt for the pulleys is PE, may be a little thin but it looks a lot better than molding a chunk consisting of two pulleys with thick sticks of sprue connecting them. I hope that the PE support brackets on the skis are each one piece instead of two or three separate pieces.
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 03:46 PM UTC
I can only say that Wild Bill, fan of anything wierd, is moving this puppy to the top of his list. I can't believe this thing hasn't been in a James Bond movie. Hmmm. Maybe I can paint it british green and give it a few extra trick weapons.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 04:04 PM UTC
Hmm, I'm guessing jet turbine, remote lasers, miniature mines, and hidden rockets are in order for your build then?
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 04:58 AM UTC
Strange yet interesting. I see the way the thing steers by the swiveling rods on the side but the ski axles don't seem to have a pivot point that would move them left or right. Does anybody else see this or is it just me?
kamikaze
Visit this Community
Romania
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 05:53 AM UTC
No Alfred, you're not the only one. But strangely, this looks exactly the same as real ones. I stared at photos and plans but couldn't figure out how this things steered. Like you said, the joint between the arms and hull only allow for up/down movement. Strange....
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 08:53 AM UTC
How it steers:

I would suggest picking up the Tankograd book on the Aerosan.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can only say that Wild Bill, fan of anything wierd, is moving this puppy to the top of his list. I can't believe this thing hasn't been in a James Bond movie. Hmmm. Maybe I can paint it british green and give it a few extra trick weapons.

Yes, that's true it seems a sort of SF vehicle
Thanks a milion to trumpeter to give us the opportunity to build also those odd and stunning subjects
The only thing that worries me is the pe part around the circular main hatch. It seems to me quite difficult to mount it in a decent way

I don't known if I buy it yet , actually I've been waiting for t-64 for ages and unfortunately I can't afford to buy all that I'd like to have...But it'll be very hard not to pander

cheers
Russian_T-90
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 03:42 AM UTC
This "Аэросани" (Aerosani) are looking very nice! I'm going to to buy them!
Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 596 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 11:18 AM UTC
So glad that someone finally made styrene aerosan kit! Although my Kirin resin RF-8 was an "exciting" build, I'm really looking forward to building a straightforward and VERY detailed version of these sleds
 _GOTOTOP