_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
T-34-76 Part Deux
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hey, kids ... Here are a few quickie test shots of the AFV Club T-34-76 Model 1942 Factory 112. The kit was not without its issues, but overall a decent build. I am not finished, so be gentle with your comments, please I still have lighting and level issues to deal with, as well as a few details on the model itself. Also, as the monitor I use is ancient, if you fellas could let me know how he images look I would appreciate it!

Thanks for lookin'

Kirchoff

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 05:15 PM UTC
Well done Mike, that's a really outstanding job!

I like a lot how did you paint it and those incredibly stunning rust effects

Quoted Text

he kit was not without its issues

I'd like to know what are exactly the issues. I have this kit in my stash and I'd like to know what kind of problems I could have

What tracks did you use? I haven't bought indy tracks for this model yet and I've just wondered what would be the best

What was your paint job? Did you prime the model? What did you use to render the russian green? It seems to me very convincing

Congrats indeed, I really hope I'll be able to do a similar job on my AFV t-34

cheers and thanks in advance for your replies
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 07:31 PM UTC
An excellent build and paint job. I see no issues with the photos. Not the color I use for 4BO, but that is left up to artist's perogative.
Krieg-Hammer
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 09:13 PM UTC
Very nice! I like!

When the model is finished, will you be able to open hatches to see the interior etc? It'd be a waste to go to all that effort then not see it once everything is glued in place.
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:30 PM UTC
Mauro,
Thanks for the nice words. They mean alot coming from you!

[quote]I'd like to know what are exactly the issues. I have this kit in my stash and I'd like to know what kind of problems I could have[quote]

I had no fit problem with any of the interior components, but the fit between hull halves was not good. I think the clear upper hull was part of the problem. Also, the trunnion assembly fit in the turret was a headache. This model was built for an upcoming article in MMiR, and there I will document in detail as issues I had.

[quote]What tracks did you use? I haven't bought indy tracks for this model yet and I've just wondered what would be the best[quote]

I used a set of AFV Club workable tracks and despite my lack of confidence in them in the beginning, they turned out well and worked wonderfully. Once installed, I did cement them in place.

[quote]What was your paint job? Did you prime the model? What did you use to render the russian green? It seems to me very convincing[quote]

I always prime with Mr. Surfacer. I used Lifecolor FS34102 for the base, but as soon as I started weathering it began to take on a very distinct brown shade ... almost like Olive Drab! I weathered the lower and aft extremes more heavily, so you can still see hints of the original green on upper and forward areas of the tank.

Mike
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:02 PM UTC
great work, Mike!
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:21 PM UTC
Matt, Rob and Roman ... thanks for your nice comments, guys!!!
Matt - I used Lifecolor FS34102 as a base, but once I started weahering the model really "browned-out".
Rob - Yep, the rear deck is removable and the big single hatch on the turret allows you to see plenty.

Thanks again,
Mike
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:33 PM UTC
Thanks a milion for your explanations.

I'll follw them when I start mine

Congrats indeed

GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 03:03 PM UTC
The paint job turned out awesome - nice doing!
Kharkov
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 08:13 AM UTC

A stunningly good paint job, weathering is fantastic.

And the jerry can is a little work of art in itself
 _GOTOTOP