_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
My Maz 537 G Build forum w/ a BTR 70
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 11:13 AM UTC

Here are some updates I have been doing with some extra detail around the nuts an bolt on the two back peices as you can see I have a little bit more work to do there then glue them on. But that is my best so far hope you guys think but I'm doing my best.I appreciate any good or bad comment that would make it look better is very appreciative. So I can learn how to improving my skills.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 12:03 PM UTC
William, I'm currently doing the Trumpeter's T-62 too.
I'm at the same stage as you, more or less, but I did put the wheels together as you, without the rubber rims since it would be easy to paint the 2 parts separately.
But this afternoon I hit a major problem... the black rubber rimms don't fit the wheels since they must enter from the opposite side.

Now I can't "unglue" them.. damn..

Is there a way to "undo" this ? If I gave an alcohol bath on the wheels would they separate themselves ??
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

William, I'm currently doing the Trumpeter's T-62 too.
I'm at the same stage as you, more or less, but I did put the wheels together as you, without the rubber rims since it would be easy to paint the 2 parts separately.
But this afternoon I hit a major problem... the black rubber rimms don't fit the wheels since they must enter from the opposite side.

Now I can't "unglue" them.. damn..

Is there a way to "undo" this ? If I gave an alcohol bath on the wheels would they separate themselves ??

I had the same problems but I snapped them off carefully an sanded the ends where it snapped at the body part an then drilled holes in both parts an put some thick wire an used some glue an put them together as I did it that way because if I ever wanted to change the why the tracks or suspension to different ways I could. Hope that helped a little.that's just how I did mine there are probably many others ways.I never did it that way before so we will see how it
works out.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 03:02 PM UTC
How's your T-62 going ?

I corrected that problem with the rubber rims.
I'm almost done with the lower hull, fenders & tracks.
Then stage 2, turret & KMT-6 Mine device...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 03:15 PM UTC
For the indi tracks, I would recomend Testor's cement. Get the toxic king, it works much better. It will hold the parts together, but allows you some time to make the sags and bends. Just a few drops on each link. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 12:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How's your T-62 going ?

I corrected that problem with the rubber rims.
I'm almost done with the lower hull, fenders & tracks.
Then stage 2, turret & KMT-6 Mine device...

I got a lot of stuff done but haven't had the chance to take pictures but will as soon as I can I have added some more pe to the lower hull.an more bolt heads to some other stuff. You got a lot more done then me can't wait to see it you'll probably finish before me because It's hard for me because of my injury an I shack a lot because of it but with the inspiring updates from you I try harder but It's hard.keep it coming an have fun.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 01:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For the indi tracks, I would recomend Testor's cement. Get the toxic king, it works much better. It will hold the parts together, but allows you some time to make the sags and bends. Just a few drops on each link. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

I like that idea I messed up the tracks with different ways on glue.I'm going to just buy the metal ones from fruilmodel I think It's called but will try it with my other track linked kits I've got . I appreciate the help. Is there anyways faster to get replacements from trumpeter but it took awhile to get a hold of them the last time I needed a part.thank you again.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 604 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 02:59 PM UTC
William- sounds like your making good progress w/ your kits, and keeping motivated to keep going. I'm deciding to build the same tank, looks like a good kit.

I just found out..Voyager discontinued the "jumbo" set. This included the resin wheels! I ordered the individual sets from UK..should arrrive next week..month, yr..

Jeff
4-BO-Green
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 270 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 05:46 PM UTC
[quoteI like that idea I messed up the tracks with different ways on glue.I'm going to just buy the metal ones from fruilmodel I think It's called but will try it with my other track linked kits I've got . I appreciate the help. Is there anyways faster to get replacements from trumpeter but it took awhile to get a hold of them the last time I needed a part.thank you again.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
[/quote]

Hey William

Your doing great here buddy. If you want fruiltracks, buy the T-72 tracks.
I think to remind that you have a model 1972 right?
The T-62 had till 1972 the T-55 tracks, but the later ones had the T-72 tracks.

Regards,

Remco
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 09:19 AM UTC
Thanks everyone for the info an trying to keep me motivated It's working an I appreciate the help. I wish I could get some updated pictures as soon as possible. It's just hard to do without a camera an have to use one of my friends phone cameras when they come over. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get a chance.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:58 AM UTC

As you can see I added some photo etch an some hexagon plastruct to represent bolts an nuts an some brass wire to show the stages on how I put it together an some extra flat plastruct to reenforce the ends on the straps on fuel drums. I have a lot more to do but I am determined to finish this. I am going to sand the nuts an bolts more so they look more real size in the first picture they look a little big an off scale.I will post more as soon as I can.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 07:38 AM UTC
Just another update . I ordered the metal tracks for this kit because it would look more accurate an easier for me to put together.

Happy modeling
William DeCicco
 _GOTOTOP