_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M113 ACAV, Tamiya 1/35
CanDid
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 06:16 AM UTC
Hi

Here is few pics of my latest diorama, a made up Vietnam scenario.

The M113 has actually been finished for quite some time, as I made it as a teenager. I remember that I liked the action on the Tamiya box and that was the reason for buying it in the first place. I also remember being quite unhappy as I melted the AK-47 in the box using way to much glue trying to attach it to the figure.

After collecting dust in the attic for quite some years I decided to give this one a second chance. I actually started with making the groundwork on the dio. Then I replaced some parts on the M113 with new photo etch ones. I also took of the roof adding a few details to the interior. Except from that the only thing I have done is weathering the kit.

The figures are made from a mix of what I had in the spare part box. Some of them were already painted years ago, so I used Paint-killer to clean them up before putting them together. The only new figure is the slightly modified sharp shooter from Bravo 6.

Well, it took some 20 years to complete this one but here it is.
Cheers!
funman4
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 08:09 PM UTC
I like it, job well done.
pottz88
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 233 posts
Armorama: 209 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 10:55 PM UTC
Whats the white stuff under the last roadwheel in the first pic. Looks like fresh white glue.
CanDid
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 01:12 AM UTC
Hi Dan,
White glue it is, fresh as a new born baby. The dio was just finished when I took the picture
 _GOTOTOP