_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
New project... Bergepanther G
CJ3B
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 245 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 01:12 PM UTC
Hello all!

Decided to start ANOTHER project (you can never have enough, right)... a Bergepanther G.

Will be using the Tamiya G kit, with the Italeri for some parts and the Verlinden Bergepanther upgrade set.

Already measure and cut the hull (hope I did cut it right), so all comments will be appreciated.

PLEASE comment, especially if the cuts seem ok or wrong... this I did not have much info on...

Some pics:

Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 12:31 AM UTC
Jorge
Looks to me as you cut one of the holes a bit too big. As far as I know, there should be a small strip of top deck left between the driver/radioop. compartment. I think you'll be able to fix it with some plasticcard.
I'll follow your log on this one, might even get tempted to start another Bergepanther myself, but this time not a G, maybe one of the early D variants.
Jacob
CJ3B
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 03:24 AM UTC
Thaks, Jacob... nothing styrene can fix...

Would the driver/radio compartment rear curves (top hull plate) be there, or would the curves be cut straight?

Jorge
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 04:04 AM UTC
As far as I know, the cut were made behind the curved topplate. The piece of top deck left, are just a thin strip of maybe 10 - 20 cm in real scale.
Jacob
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 04:36 AM UTC
Hold it right there!! I think you're right about the back of driver/radioop. opening. I went picture hunting, and it actually looks like the curves have been cut out. Maybe there's a difference between the Bergepanthers, wich were made from "old" Panthers and those which were made from the factory lot. Hmm! There goes my nights sleep.
Jacob
CJ3B
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
If you can come up with a pic, let me know... I don't have that many references for this project.

Did you reuse the kit upper structure (above the winch, or did you scratchbuild one?

Thanks!

Jorge
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:22 AM UTC
I used the part from the Italieri kit, with some minor changes, but afterwards I read somewhere, that the dimensions were a bit off, but I can't really tell.
Jacob
 _GOTOTOP