_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Browse site
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC
Over the last few days I've noticed that every time I move from thread to thread or forum to forum, the Browse Site opens up, then closes in a few moments. I don't mind it when I 1st log on, but it does get a little annoying to constantly have it open up.

I don't build cars, ships (well not yet anyway), sci fi, etc. so it's of little interest to me to be constantly reminded of those forums. Is there a way to turn off this feature.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 04:46 AM UTC
Hi Joel,
While there will be some instance of the top space showing during an initial visit, I will be making some tweaks to see if I can get the area to hide more efficiently/quickly after that. Right now it's a side effect of the delay loading the entire page. If I can't find a solution to this however....as I know some of our other members have already complained about this and are likely paying attention to this thread, let me pose this possibility; I could simply replace loading *anything* visual with a simple 'loading' graphic (the page would be blank except for this in other words). In effect you would no longer see any 'pre' building of the page before it was fully ready to show. But somehow I don't think you guys would find this an improvement.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 04:56 AM UTC
Well luckily it was a lot easier to fix than I had thought. However since pages cache scripts you may need to either clear/force caches or wait till your cached info expires to see the change. From this point forward though you should only see the top area open up to twice in 24hrs.

Jim
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 05:23 AM UTC
Jim,

Thanks so much.

All is well once again.