_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Before Building
Ideas, concepts, and researching your next diorama.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Topless figures
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hey all,
Does anyone know of a set where most of the figures are without thier shirts on? I want to do a behind the fornt lines africa dio and want some of the blokes without shirts. I could only think of the old 25 pounder gun set and this is proving quite hard to find ( in fact I only found 1 on ebay and the figures weren't in it).
Any suggestions?

Cheers
Robbo
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 09:52 AM UTC
Tamiya have just recently announced that they're re-releasing the 25pdr with crew ( kit 35046 ) so it should be available pretty much anywhere that sells Tamiya soon.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 10:03 AM UTC
I post this request every time someone wants suggestions for figures. Topless/shorts/generic combat footwear where possible. Use these for summer arty,field engineering,R&R, etc.
Some mfg. will meet halfway or so and do 1 Axis kit,then 1 Allied kit, 1 Russian kit, 1 Marine-any era kit, 1 IJN kit, 1 Alien kit, and finally, 1 bobble-head kit.
I say make 1 generic multipose kit of 6-7 figs and let it fly off the shelves everywhere...........
Cheers for body parts!
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 10:29 AM UTC
Great idea, don't even bother with the legs. how about just the top halves, that way you just stick them on a donor pair of legs wearing the right uniform. Simples.

Cheers Robbo
Apollo11
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 10:32 AM UTC
Masterbox do a DAK panzer crew, 3 German tank crew figures & an Arab on a donkey. Also, Tamiya's recent Steyr truck comes supplied with several crew figures, at least one shirtless. I quite fancy both of these sets as I would like to use some of the figures with my Bronco Diana SPG.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, AndyC.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 12:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great idea, don't even bother with the legs. how about just the top halves, that way you just stick them on a donor pair of legs wearing the right uniform. Simples.

Cheers Robbo

Have you considered looking at the Preiser range of figures? Although they're 1:32 you may be able to match a suitable torso and arms to kit/donor legs. Apart from workmen, civilians, etc Preiser also do a very nice "academy figure" set.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 12:35 PM UTC
I have seen one set of German railway men without shirts on. However, I'm not sure who makes them.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 02:43 PM UTC
Here you go Robbo....I just ordered this kit. I've wanted it for a while and it was only about $15.00 plus shipping.

I had a friend in Germany that converted these into a group of German aircraft mechanics working on a 1/32 Stuka. It was an awesome Diorama. These figures clean up nicely...even as old as they are.

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam35046

They are easy to convertby adding new headgear and maybe legs if you want Axis figures.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP